Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

VDJ79 Ute

K974

Hi,

I'm planning on retuning to Ireland after 12 years, i'm going to bring my 2009 VDJ79 ute, with 4.5 v8 D4D engine, the ute has 200,000km on it, and is GXL spec, 2 seats rather than 3, carpet floors, electric windows, air con, cruise control, and flared wheel arches. Has a ARB bulbar (can be removed) brush bars, dual battery, 3" exhaust, BFG mud terrains, lightforce lights, UHF, Iphone kit with external antenna, lightbar, and genuine Toyota steel tray.

ute is worth about $50k in Australia, about 25kGBP. Whilst I don't need to recover all of its value, I don't want to be in a situation where its worth nothing or unsellable in Ireland or UK, can anyone give me an assessment of the market for it over there and would it sell?

It will be registered on Irish plates, so a transfer into the UK should be easy? EU to EU vehicle?

Thanks for any advice.

Interested to hear if you will be able to register this as a commercial in ireland ? If it's taxed privately the yearly tax will be €2200 vs commercial will be €333 I think that would have some effect on the resale potential in ireland

It's not the type of car that the general public would drive over here your best bet of selling it would be to find someone interested in landcruisers. For example I have seen 1 70 series for sale in ireland in the last few years it was 2001 and sold for €10000 I think so I'm sure yours will sell it just might take time

Have you spoke to the Vrt office here to estimate how much tax you will pay to register it on Irish plates ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested to hear if you will be able to register this as a commercial in ireland ? If it's taxed privately the yearly tax will be €2200 vs commercial will be €333 I think that would have some effect on the resale potential in ireland

It's not the type of car that the general public would drive over here your best bet of selling it would be to find someone interested in landcruisers. For example I have seen 1 70 series for sale in ireland in the last few years it was 2001 and sold for €10000 I think so I'm sure yours will sell it just might take time

Have you spoke to the Vrt office here to estimate how much tax you will pay to register it on Irish plates ?

hi there will be no vat vrt or duty to import it, I will be doing it under a change of residence it will be sent in a 40foot container will all my personal possessions, I know plenty who have been through the process now. I have to keep it for 12months or the duty will be chargeable. it will be registered as a commercial in a business name, as a 2 seat pickup. after 12 months I can sell to anyone or to the uk etc.

I also have a 200 series diesel v8, that I will sell before I come home, I did think of brining that (that is registered to the wife and she can bring in duty free) but I feel its just too big and clumsy for Ireland, still considering it tho. that's a 2010, 120km on it. value here about $60k. E36k, GBP 29/30k. it might be worth more at home ?? but the tax is putting me off a little.

Nice one I didn't realise that you could do that [emoji1]..

Re the 200 I would say bring it if you can that's very low mileage and there are more and more of them for sale here these days there is a 2008 for sale currently with 170000km for €50000. You can possibly get the 200 registered as a 5 seater commercial also but that depends on your situation and if revenue feel you require two vehicles for your business. Which gets over the tax issue.

If you bring the 70 here I would think you could have the only 70 v8 in the country

hi,

anyone else have an assessment on if this ute would see in uk or if so for how much?

Thanks

It would sell in the UK for sure, but I really don't have an idea of a price.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Id say itd be easier/better selling price to sell the 70 in the uk rather than ireland. It'd definitely have the rarity value attached to it so there's a good chance of a business buying it for promotion vechicle but with it being such a big engine it'd turn a lot of lads off. Wouldnt know what kind of price you could put on it though

Back