Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Very fortunate.

Is your steering wheel still aligned as before.......that's if you still have one.

Those pesky crash barriers - drivers keep hitting them. I don't know when the Highways Agency will learn that they're responsible for so many accidents! :lol:

Glad you're OK Chas :thumbup: - though you might want to check the truck over again in daylight! :icon-wink:

Add : I initially watched the video on my phone but now that I have re-watched it, fullscreen on my laptop, it looks more like your auditioning for a job at NCAP!! :shock:

Last edited:
I had a look at the front last night in the garage and couldn't see any damage anywhere, I'll check again in daylight.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wow, I'd love to see that from another angle.. looks like you flew.

Glad you're ok

I actually flinched and swerved for you while sat on the sofa... Close one Chas...

Fair comment, but if Chas missed seeing it, so could others........
I’ve nearly been hit when I’m in a fluorescent ambulance with blue lights and sirens going.
You can only do so much!

Iv just shown the missus, She sat with her hand over her mouth.. When the sat nav cocked to one side she thought you were on 2 wheels for 150 yrds .. Then She said the fools speeding up..:lol:

Is your steering wheel still aligned as before.......that's if you still have one.
Yes, that was probably the frst thing I checked, nothing seems out of the ordinary, steers straight, no unusual noises, no dents on the bumper, nothing.
I've been out to the garage and taken a couple of pics, I just can't believe there's no visible damage.
BTW That's not a missing light in the bumper it's never had one.

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

Amazing Chas. You’re right, there is no sign of any new scrapes. Must’ve hit and bounced up on the kerb and not touched the Armco.

I should buy a lottery ticket if I were you!

Glad it wasn't more serious Chas and you live to tell the tale....
I wouldn't be too keen to leave that up on Y-tube, because that's pretty reckless/dangerous driving.

Misjudged your exit you say....:think:
I was driving my truck back from Nottingham a couple of days ago and someone did almost exactly that right in front of me, causing me to brake heavily from 60mph and swerve an 18t truck to avoid them... you can imagine what I called them and it ended with a "T" !!!

Glad that you're ok Chas! To be honest very shocked to see the video. Your 80 is a tough old beast, built to go off road! But with the type of lanes you're riding... you've gotta keep on the asphalt! Take care out the bud!:thumbup:

:cry:
Glad it wasn't more serious Chas and you live to tell the tale....
I wouldn't be too keen to leave that up on Y-tube, because that's pretty reckless/dangerous driving.
Now deleted Lazz

Chas - I've known you more years than I care to remember and quite frankly I'm amazed you are still with us. Your guardian angel deserves a medal.

My worry is your angel might take a day off sometime and the result will be an innocent victim who was mowed down by an out of control 80.

That might sound harsh but I really think you should have a long hard think about your driving.

I don't think there was a kerb? Not usual to have a kerb on the central reservation? My biker friend told me once" the more white paint on the road the bigger the danger ahead". We must meet up Chas..I'm on health scare number 3 and life number 10 now.

Back