Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

VSC lights on!

MontanaDriver

Country Flag
united_states
Hello, I am new to this club! I have had my 2003 Land Cruiser since new, has 230K miles and runs great, but over the past 2 years I have been having tons of problems with it and spent thousands on it. At this time, I have the VSC TRAC and VSC OFF lights on, and being in Great Falls, Montana, I am limited as to where I can go for service. The local Toyota dealership said I need a new yaw sensor. "224852 C1210 zero point calibration yaw undone and C1234 yaw rate sensor were both present. Reset memory and performed zero point calibration. C 1210 went away however C1234 still present. Pivoted yaw rate sensor while watching data. No data change. Vehicle needs yaw rate sensor." First of all, is it possible that I don't need one and I'm being finagled because they know my car has needed so much work now for the past few years? Second of all, even if the sensor is bad, do I really need it? I've only noticed the trac stabilizer (anti skid) function go on rarely in the winter when I'm at a stop and begin to accelerate on ice, and that's only for a few seconds even. I don't speed around corners. What else does it do? Can I damage the car without one? They want to charge me $600 (part alone is over $400).

Back