Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted: 80 series Amazon

I think that's your reading of it Shayne. I think that was lost on him. It has two lockers to start with as did all 90's and many had sunroofs. They were never going to fit a sunroof and front locker without the centre and rear were they.

What made it a K2 was that they were only available in white, were a basic FX with no Air con and steel wheels IIRC. Plus a decal that said K2. There were't special. Just a special edition. I think that Tommo's Missus had one. They didn't have anything extra. Manufacturer's sometime have stock they can't sell so they say put a sticker on it, call it the Fiesta Sombrero and knock £500 off the list.

There's no mystery here.

About 3.5 seconds on Google got me this

[h=2]What You Pay[/h]Entry to the Colorado club starts at £6,300 for a 1996 N registered turbodiesel GS five-seater three-door. A similar vintage GX will retail for £500 more. The eight-seater models start at £8,000 for a 1996 N plated 3.0 GX TD. The big daddy of the range is the Colorado 3.4 VX V6 eight-seater five-door estate auto. Huge car, huge name, and the prices for one of these start at a not inconsequential £8,000 for a 1996 car. A limited edition 3.0 TD K2 was launched in June 1998. Only 100 were available with used values similar to a 3.0 TD VX. Therefore, expect to pay £12,000 if you can find one. Insurance on these models range from Group 14 for the turbodiesel models to Group 15 for the petrol engined 3.4 VX.

I found that same article (its the only one I could find) and that's what made me curious , I thought you must get something remarkable for that kind of price hike , but I guess not . Still its a nice looking truck with better than average miles on it , will make someone very happy I'm sure .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back