Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted: 80 series Amazon

Looks reasonable Pete, at least for 6k you're getting a rebuilt front axle, BB's done and some West Coast expertise and other bits and bobs.

Yep, I'd say that looked like a solid bet. Subject to a walk around that is. I'd favour that one over the other with 'bolt on ' expedition bits. This one has more of what I would describe as preparation. Good price too for that.

this thread scares me as i know im about to look for another 80, as i take my own off the road to become a donor vehicle :violin:

Which Joinerman ? I assumed Wobbly on posted an old ad as reference the the "snow version" ? .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ah I only posted it up because that one doesn't show up with all the rest during searches , not sure how I came across it i might have been searching in Japan or Germany at the time ? . Its not one for me I would buy a bicycle before condemning myself to an auto but it may interest others . Thanks for the shout though :thumbup:

Might have a little looky at it if i go to the bank tomorrow, it's next door, the garage itself hasn't got a good reputation & most of their stock are usually tired old bangers.

I'm sure that one in Great Missenden has been hanging around for ages ........I seem to remember seeing it pop up when I was looking about an year or so ago!

The garage at Great Missenden has links to two other garages in Chesham, they swap their stock around frequently.

It says it's a 4.7 V8 Active which are details from a 100 series. There is no such 80 series. The 80 is a 4.5 straight 6 petrol. Active refers to the AHC suspension, I believe.

If it turns out to be nice and as 4.2 diesel don't hang about ringing me....

Jeez Shayne, try an auto 80. Honestly I have both and the auto is superb. These people who say Oh I love changing gear are talking bollox. Maybe in a Lambo or something.

Hummer was mental Chris and I can't imagine a better auto box in anything , if it was a manual I would probably still have it which about says it all .

Manual Hummer Shayne? I think that you'd have been calculating TPG. That's tyres per gallon. I can imagine you at the traffic lights praying for them to be red so you could leave in a cloud of smoke! I have to say I'd like a proper Military Humvee - if I had that lotto win. Saw one in Chelsea once. Mmmmn
You should try a petrol 80. I did. Had to put it down and walk away. I could see my bank balance draining. I could not drive one of those sensibly. Woooof- oops that's a fiver gone ...

Novelty wears off, well until your on your own or have a 4 year old shouting go faster daddy (usually when the wife isn't with us) :lol: can be thirsty but ok if drive steady. Petrol cheap currently anyway.

I got the feeling the owner bought it as is , he had to measure the exhaust to tell me the diameter , says erm yeah caster and prop angles look ok he thinks you can buy some sort of offset kit from America . Julian V thought the Snow only came without turbo , I asked for more pics and got none :think:

Based on my chat with him, as far as work additional work he's done to the truck is concerned, he's shifted the exhaust to make space for an additional fuel/water tank but never got round to installing it, put in the 3rd battery and the fridge and changed the tent from a Hannibal to a Maggiolina. Not sure how I feel about the popup vs the fold out...takes up a lot of the roof space and means that use of the sunroof is very limited. Everything else was done before he got it.

It says it's a 4.7 V8 Active which are details from a 100 series. There is no such 80 series. The 80 is a 4.5 straight 6 petrol. Active refers to the AHC suspension, I believe.

If it turns out to be nice and as 4.2 diesel don't hang about ringing me....

Jeez Shayne, try an auto 80. Honestly I have both and the auto is superb. These people who say Oh I love changing gear are talking bollox. Maybe in a Lambo or something.

theres no getting round the fact that autos absolutely eat fuel.

Thats a shame Gingermaid.

It was in a 4x4 mag TOR, be worth buying the day it comes out.

Pete

I had a look at the one at Great Missenden this afternoon, you know the one, the V8 80 series !!!!!!. it's quit tidy bodily one or two scuffs on the bumper corners & all the panels are straight, no rust on the tailgate, wants tyres, underneath didn't look to bad but i only got down on my knees, the ground was pebbles mud & water, under the bonnet it showed it's 190k + miles, had a blowing manifold & a strange plop plop noise coming from the rocker cover area, took the oil filler cap off & full of mayonnaise, inside was very clean, even the drivers seat bolster was good.

Back