Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

wanted lj70/kzj70

pablo80

Country Flag
uk
hi after selling my kzj70 a few months back if found myself wanting another one so is there anyone thinking of selling or have one stored away they may wish to sell then let me know. :)
ps. If you have a lj70 then as long as the body is good will also consider it.

cheers
Paul.

Last edited:
Good luck with your search .

What happened did you decide to try one of those new 4wd things that has lights to tell you that you are well and truly stuck and need a proper old 4x4 to rescue you :doh:

ha no the body on my old one was realy bad with rott and was going to cost to much to sort out plus time to do it as well. so I sold it, now I miss it so I need another in my life lol.

Here's a couple. I'm sure the second one is or was owned by one or possibly 2 club members on here

yes seen them 2 on ebay think the silver one has been on ebay a few times,
looking for one with a decent body, don't mind one with some mechanical work to do as I'm ok with the spanners.

Paul.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Silver one has been on eBay a few times, when it was auctioned it only made £2000 which was below reserve. I think he’s just trying to sell it now. I think if sound £2500 is a good price but I’d say that as I paid £4000 for a black one from Ireland. Ive had the sunroof removed and currently being welded and finished as it it was never there, new headlining so no sunroof hole. It’s going to be great I hope but with everything I bet it’s going to cost me around £3/4000 as taking any rust out the body and repainting. If I keep it I’ll look at changing to a 3lt engine, I see people use the surf engine. I don’t know if it’s easy though or have to change all the running gear too.

I bought it June and haven’t seen it since as took it to my friend straight off. ‘

Silver one has been on eBay a few times, when it was auctioned it only made £2000 which was below reserve. I think he’s just trying to sell it now. I think if sound £2500 is a good price but I’d say that as I paid £4000 for a black one from Ireland. Ive had the sunroof removed and currently being welded and finished as it it was never there, new headlining so no sunroof hole. It’s going to be great I hope but with everything I bet it’s going to cost me around £3/4000 as taking any rust out the body and repainting. If I keep it I’ll look at changing to a 3lt engine, I see people use the surf engine. I don’t know if it’s easy though or have to change all the running gear too.

I bought it June and haven’t seen it since as took it to my friend straight off. ‘

yes have seen that silver one on a few times look like to a few rough repair done to the quater panels . how your repairs coming along it be well worth keeping once you get the things you need to do to it, keep the pics and upates
coming interested to see how it turns out.

I’m really looking forward to getting it back and my Mrs keeps asking too.

When it turned up I was disappointed as the seller had clearly lied. It was manky inside, sunroof was awful, needed new tyres, needed new exhaust. No service history and big miles, funny thing everyone has commented on how sweet the engine sounds.

Now it’s on new smaller tyres, new exhaust system, fully serviced, new paint with sunroof delete and bought some bits like oil gauge from eBay so everything should work as it should, had some carpets made but still need rear head rests.

I think I’ll be keeping it as can’t see it being worth 7/8k for a while.

What are yoj looking to spend paul? Are yoh wanti g the 2.4 or the 3L

Last time I see it. No paint or repair work to sunroof at this time but he’s cleaned up front grill.

4098000A-24AC-46EB-9DAC-AF4BDFB88643.jpeg 75A07B3A-CD56-498E-895F-15EB883904B7.jpeg C7FEC5B4-7CB5-42AE-AAEE-E41FDEC62AAC.jpeg BB1C10FC-DAC4-4677-86CA-9FF86AB2F3D5.jpeg

Last time I see it. No paint or repair work to sunroof at this time but he’s cleaned up front grill.

View attachment 133952 View attachment 133953 View attachment 133954 View attachment 133955

the sunroof is alway an area for water and corrosion to thrive my old kzj70 had the sunroof and that would leak in heavy rain.
I should be great when you finished and if you spent money fixing your only going to add value so it money in the bank, plus you can enjoy it and get on some adventures with it . :)

Shame on you for selling your cruiser!:eusa-naughty: I learned from my mistake of selling my first cruiser, I swore I'd never sell another one! Lol good ones are hard to find and the danger is that ones you find could be in the same condition as the last one you had from my experience of uk 70's. Try looking for one only/more towards the south of the UK milder winters/less salt.

Have you considered buying/importing one from overseas? There seemed to be quite a few in Ireland a while back or take a look on "tradecarview" to import from Japan.

Good luck with your search :thumbup:

Shame on you for selling your cruiser!:eusa-naughty: I learned from my mistake of selling my first cruiser, I swore I'd never sell another one! Lol good ones are hard to find and the danger is that ones you find could be in the same condition as the last one you had from my experience of uk 70's. Try looking for one only/more towards the south of the UK milder winters/less salt.

Have you considered buying/importing one from overseas? There seemed to be quite a few in Ireland a while back or take a look on "tradecarview" to import from Japan.

Good luck with your search :thumbup:

yes I regretted it within a few days of letting it go so I know exactly how you felt. the ironic thing was I was hoping to find a no runner to come up for sale which had a better body than mine and I was going to do a body swop, so a few days after it sold a none runner came up for sale typical ha
if I find another I will be keeping it for sure they have so much character and you just can't help but love them .

Im keeping my eye on the import seen as well . theres a lj70 on Gumtree at the moment for £4995 but trying to get detail from owner he being rather difficult lol especially as it's over 320 mile away from me .

Back