Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted - No.2 Crankshaft Pulley - 12V HDJ80

guyc

Country Flag
great_britain
The outer part of the crankshaft pulley that has the air con belt on it separated from the inner part. As a result I need a replacement. Does anyone have one?No.2 Crankshaft Pulley Pic.JPG

Blimey Guy that's a new one. Still not bad on the old bus. How many miles does it have on it now?

The 24v seem more common for this chris. Ive come across it a fair few times.

This is a 12v. I should know. I owned it.

I'm guessing it's bonded on there somehow Karl? Maybe with something flexible to absorb vibration or something?

Im saying its more common on the 24 than the 12.

the two pulletys are bonded to rubber that joins them together. the rubber splits like it shows on above pic.

Yes.Its to absord vibration i think

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The outer part of the crankshaft pulley that has the air con belt on it separated from the inner part. As a result I need a replacement. Does anyone have one?View attachment 157033
Personally I would be fitting a new one rather than a 25+ year old part as age is a major factor in the failure of these.
If you want it fast roughtrax stock these. I will pm you a price.
I would also check the condition of the crankshaft pulley (number 1). As this is the harmonic balancer and absorbs the pulses from the combustion cycle of the engine. Failure of this can cause crank damage.

Failure of this can cause crank damage

Oh dear or words to that effect.

When I looked on Roughtrax they sold the No.1 Crankshaft Pulley but not the No.2.

I will have a look although it would have been much easier on Wednesday when it was minus radiator and condenser!

I'm guessing the rubber on no 2 pulley is a buffer from torsional force on start up.

All sorted now - I bought a new one from Roughtrax. Easy to fit once you've unbolted the fan to give access.

Thanks to chapelgate for the link and thanks to Karl for his quick response even though I didn't go down the used route in the end.

Only another 20,000* parts and it will be new!

* I've no idea how many parts make up a LC

All sorted now - I bought a new one from Roughtrax. Easy to fit once you've unbolted the fan to give access.

Thanks to chapelgate for the link and thanks to Karl for his quick response even though I didn't go down the used route in the end.

Only another 20,000* parts and it will be new!

* I've no idea how many parts make up a LC

You did go down the used route guy.
I had payment and the parts on its way?

Personally ive never been asked for a 12v pulley so i guess they dont tend to have the same issue as the 24v.

Back