Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted - Passenger front lower door hinge

Joe_W

Country Flag
great_britain
So after a bit of a balls up and misjudgement of why my passenger door wouldn't close (don't ask :tearsofjoy:), I am now in need of a passenger side front lower door hinge if anyone has one or can point me in the right direction.

Cheers
Joe

68710-22080 HINGE ASSY, FRONT DOOR, LOWER LH
Both partsouq and mamayama can get it for you, or rather the replacement part 68710-22081

68710-22080 HINGE ASSY, FRONT DOOR, LOWER LH
Both partsouq and mamayama can get it for you, or rather the replacement part 68710-22081
Thankyou! Just ordered via partsouq

So after a bit of a balls up and misjudgement of why my passenger door wouldn't close (don't ask :tearsofjoy:), I am now in need of a passenger side front lower door hinge if anyone has one or can point me in the right direction.

Cheers
Joe
Oh, go on Joe, don't be shy we've all made cockups, tell me what the "bit of a balls up and misjudgement" was, so that I don't make the same balls up and misjudgement, a problem shared is a ploblem halfed, you know.

You can tell Uncle jibberjabber, I won't tell anyone, honist, ;-) :) :text-blondmoment:

Oh, go on Joe, don't be shy we've all made cockups, tell me what the "bit of a balls up and misjudgement" was, so that I don't make the same balls up and misjudgement, a problem shared is a ploblem halfed, you know.

You can tell Uncle jibberjabber, I won't tell anyone, honist, ;-) :) :text-blondmoment:

Sorry haven't been on here for a while!!

Well, the passenger door wasn't shutting right and seemed to be getting worse. After watching my missus open the door hundreds of times and just letting it open until it caught itself I was convinced one of the hinges had become bent. After much messing around with the hinge and trying to bend it back and get the door to close right, I noticed the striker plate was loose :doh:Put the striker plate back into position and the door was a lot better but not quite right after all my f-in about with it. So I've now replaced the hinge and its spot on :thumbup: Moral of the story - come onto this forum before trying to fix anything, I'm sure someone would have pointed me to that straight away :lol:

Sorry haven't been on here for a while!!

Well, the passenger door wasn't shutting right and seemed to be getting worse. After watching my missus open the door hundreds of times and just letting it open until it caught itself I was convinced one of the hinges had become bent. After much messing around with the hinge and trying to bend it back and get the door to close right, I noticed the striker plate was loose :doh:Put the striker plate back into position and the door was a lot better but not quite right after all my f-in about with it. So I've now replaced the hinge and its spot on :thumbup: Moral of the story - come onto this forum before trying to fix anything, I'm sure someone would have pointed me to that straight away :lol:
Well done Joe, all's well that ends well. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
come onto this forum before trying to fix anything, I'm sure someone would have pointed me to that straight away

Never a truer word spoken (well, typed) (it's pretty much what I do before attempting any new job on the truck)

...I was convinced one of the hinges had become bent. After much messing around with the hinge and trying to bend it back and get the door to close right, I noticed the striker plate was loose :doh:Put the striker plate back into position and the door was a lot better but not quite right after all my f-in about with it. So I've now replaced the hinge and its spot on :thumbup:
Normally, the hinges are adjusted such that the striker will hit the right spot (and yes, the striker plate is also adjustable). The hinges can be adjusted in all directions, and my experience is that they will have to be adjusted at least once every 10 years.

Back