Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted. Trailer Overland type

Yes NATO hitches are slightly different width. I have a plate with std holes and another set slightly higher with the NATO holes. All easy stuff if you have a big drill. But you can take the NATO ring off with two 19mm spanners and bolt a std van hitch on instead. I do this all the time with my two trailers. The massive ring bit isn't. It only small but looks like pat of the whole braking damper.

Extending that is not difficult either. If you only need to add a few inches, you can put an extension sleeve on. Seriously for £4k I'd be looking at any way to get this. OK OK I'm not you, but I know something about expeditions trailers. It being empty is also a bit of a bonus.

Swapping the hubs? Sounds great, I thought about it, tried it and in the end realised that it just isn't necessary. Shared wheels and all that. I've done some long trips with mine now including off road and not had a puncture yet. It's a distraction, that's all. If you angle when you park, can you open the door then?

I just can't stand to see it go by. Sorry. If I thought there was a market for finished ones, I'd have it complete it and sell it on. People just don't want to pay £10k for one.

On that very topic there are now two complete Globemaster trailers on eBay if anyone is feeling flush.

Thanks for the input Chris. Yes you are right, all easy to fix but unfortunately not in the timescale that the seller wants completion, plus I work weekends and he works Mon-Fri so can't collect it on the day he wants.
Against those Globemasters it is fantastic value.

There's a chap selling a less than 12 month old trailer on that overland facebook page. Not a clue how to get a link from there to here. There's actually two the same I think. One is £3k and one is £5k

Screenshot 2019-02-21 at 12.33.15.jpg

There's a chap selling a less than 12 month old trailer on that overland facebook page. Not a clue how to get a link from there to here. There's actually two the same I think. One is £3k and one is £5k

View attachment 154239
Thank you. I think I’ve seen them. I might have a lead on a Parthian today

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well I've as good as bought a Parthian.... via Metalian HQ. A used unit and Heinz is doing a few mods for me... What a great guy... couldn't be more willing to help me get what I want and whilst I will have spent more than double my original budget by the time it gets here I think it will be worth every penny. Thanks to all who contributed ideas along the way, everything here really helped me focus on what I wanted to get from this.

Certainly seems good value even at the BIN price.

Well if you're serious the first batch should be ready mid Aug and I might be able to hold the shipment of mine to add it to the container.

Last edited:
at the moment I'm looking at around end April next year before I make the final decision so don't wait for me.

I've e mailed Sky about a basket though. Fingers crossed.

Back