Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted. Trailer Overland type

Stan just messaged me about a rear bumper co-incidentally.

He sold his last Parthian last week as luck would have it.

Tuff Trek for a brand spanking new one would be your only option now. I have no idea on what their pricing is like though.

If you do go down that route - try and get an "aussie" spec one they seem to come with a few nicer bells and whistles than what my SA spec one is.

I've emailed TuffTrek with just that request, or I'll get one from Australia but the timeframe increases for that.

I'd make sure you're sitting down. I know what they cost new.

I have mailed a couple of Metalian owners that I know, here in the UK. You never know. One of them might be contemplating a sale.

Thanks Chris.

Unfortunately I know the costs...both UK and Australia. I started off looking at spending a fraction of this but slowly concluding the I have to spend good money to get a good trailer and one that will hold its value. Prefer to buy used so I keep looking.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Take cash to the AO show and save someone having to haul theirs back again!

Looks more like a Midi that second one. But there' not much in them. First one advertised as a Patriot Metalian Maxi. Honestly these foreigners. Certainly ticked everything in the options box.

Yes it does look like the midi but Inthink it is the mini when you look at the height of the horizontal locker door.

Yes a Patriot Metallian with double L...well at least no one will find it on word search..lol

FOUR GRAND!!! Wow, Too right. I'd be on the motorway now for that.

Listed on Gumtree for five and a half six months ago. I really like the look of it.

It's a no brainer is that one. I paid more than that for my Metalian.

Sounds obvious I know but WHEN you buy it, remember you need a NATO hitch to collect it. He might sell you his! You can swap the KNOTT ring for a standard coupling - it's only two bolts but the ring does work well on these I find.

Ad goes back to June. Messaged him to see. Thanks for heads up on hitch, I will have to explore fitting one

Well the trailer is still for sale. Interested party in Belgium also wanting it. I'd need to work out a NATO hitch mount to collect it... the hitch I measured today does not match my hitch bolt pattern so cannot bolt straight up to the rear crossmember. The drawbar is too short to allow me to open the rear door on the FJ and if I can't do that I can't open the dog box. It is very nicely made, the electrics are another matter but easy to redo from scratch, it has nothing inside, just empty boxes, no slides, drawers etc. Plus I'd want to swap the hubs to be compatible and the hitch. Thinking it is better going to a Land Rover owner...

Back