Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Was that you on the 483

tonytoyota

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi Iwan was it you on the 483 today in the 80 hope you r well from Tony.

Yo Tone! You've got eyes like a sewer rat! And I was coincidentally keeping an eye out for you too mate!

I'm guessing that it was about 11.30 yesterday morning.. had a hell of a drive and my 81 (a) has worked it's ass off!

Driven to past Edinburgh to collect 81 (b) which I really like! Leaving there at about 6 ish..

P1010846.JPG

Coulld have done with loading just a little bit further forward but once it's tied up it's tied up! Loaded up on a hill and it caught me out.... but there's a load of weight there! And it's showing on my 81.. still experience gives you a lesson!

Took the A1 south which is a normal A road in the dark and was getting to know how the load combination was rolling! Rough camber on the road that the lane is shapped like a W !

Found a place to sleep in hotel 81 by the sea then set out out at 7 this morning from near Amble a good few miles north of Morpeth.

A bit pissed with the trailer hire place as when I hired it last it had mega brakes! F'in thing has no brakes and was pushing hard!

Stopped for breakfast and parked in the lorry area and when I came back to it from the services, there was a Polish lorry driver on whatsapp to his land cruiser mate who was offering 8000 euro's for the truck on the trailer!!! FFS! Sorry pal no! That's my project! LOL

Long drive and not going fast.. Got to Leeds and hit the M62 over the Pennines and near Bradford got pulled by the fuzz.. I'd lost my spare number plate off the trailer and got tugged the first time in many years, not that I'm a criminal and was told you don't look like a criminal in reply! Waiting for the mail to come on the missing number plate but got 14 days to sort out the fact that my wheels are exposed without the wheel arch trims! Had good conversation whilst sat in the back of the BMW.

Got home at 16.40 and found that my dog has had a stroke he's ok but so not good and has taken the shine off the adventure! Off to the vets in the morning after dropping off and complaining about the trailer!

What an adventure!:thumbup:

Hi Iwan that is one helĺ of a adventure soory about the dog hope he is ok all the best Tony..:auto-layrubber:

Hi Iwan that is one helĺ of a adventure soory about the dog hope he is ok all the best Tony..:auto-layrubber:

Cheers Tony! No speeding with the wheels with that setup Lol!

The main idea of removing the wheelarch trims and sealing up the holes was to be able to monitor whether the arches are rusting and rectify when they show up...

Got 14 days of widow for receipt with the mot centre's stamp to rectify this or its a fine and off the road..

Looking at these ..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/283551076754

Good with the new fixings as easier to do an annual removal to check for rustwork...

A bit of a "get out of jail free card?"

Anyone fitted these?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I looked at Kut Snake but figured they were too much cash for my old rig. So I might go with these instead

They'll do for me

https://www.banggood.com/Wheel-Arch...FbvEVZkLlSKb-FRoC7oAQAvD_BwE&cur_warehouse=CN

Thanks Chris, I've just registered and raised a question of the delivery schedule ... got a bot response.. interested very much tho.

As an after thought to refit the original ones really requires all the different riveted on brackets which without they'll never go back on.. easy to grind the paint back to show the original holes.

Sounds like a good road trip.. :icon-wink:

Back