Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

wax oil / grease

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Hello all. I was just checking the MOT history of a 2003 LC3.. oop in Barnsley and it had an MOT advisory for (and I quote) Grease on brake pipes AND under body heavily wax oiled...EH!! is that normal..Never seen that before on an MOT fail or advisory....

Hello all. I was just checking the MOT history of a 2003 LC3.. oop in Barnsley and it had an MOT advisory for (and I quote) Grease on brake pipes AND under body heavily wax oiled...EH!! is that normal..Never seen that before on an MOT fail or advisory....

On its last test the black Collie had it verbally mentioned about what was covering the chassis and underbody, it is motorcycle chain lube, very sticky and soakes into cracks well. stays on well and is easily applied.Having looked at a Krown treated vehicle I'd say my option is better.
All the underneath pipework is covered with the stuff too.

I'm surprised it was mentioned though, unless the tester thought it was hiding something.

On the MOT history, the cursed Smart car had curbing to alloy wheels noted as an advisory. I guess it’s just an observation down to the tester but both bonkers nonetheless.

I use Corrosion Block (oil) spray and grease just about everywhere. The MOT tester also remarked on it last year, not negatively but he thought it was a good idea. I see that one of the new ‘fails’ with the new MOT regs is oil leaks causing drips so, applied in the wrong place, such products could possibly be mistaken for one. Not really a fan of wax based products anymore. Used to use them a lot but they hide corrosion too easily IMO.

Probable because its hard the assess the condition of the underside with so much gunk. Ill bet you 20 quid it isnt a pretty sight under it all..
Smearing grease on the brake lines is an old one, my MOT tester even advised me to do it as they were looking a bit dry!
non of it works, neither soak in. They just trap moisture. Ive been spraying mine with a mixture of diesel and oil to slow things down until i have the time for my chassis overhaul.
I have a piece of machinery that i have to keep outside at the moment. Every couple of months i spray it with diesel. Been doing it a couple of years, works well and you can tell when in needs doing again by how the water drops settle on the surface.

Probable because its hard the assess the condition of the underside with so much gunk. Ill bet you 20 quid it isnt a pretty sight under it all..
Smearing grease on the brake lines is an old one, my MOT tester even advised me to do it as they were looking a bit dry!
non of it works, neither soak in. They just trap moisture. Ive been spraying mine with a mixture of diesel and oil to slow things down until i have the time for my chassis overhaul.
I have a piece of machinery that i have to keep outside at the moment. Every couple of months i spray it with diesel. Been doing it a couple of years, works well and you can tell when in needs doing again by how the water drops settle on the surface.
Yeh as long as I can remember ive been smearing copper grease over brake and fuel pipes. linkages etc.it was always thought of as a good idea.. even by testers ..Ah well it made me smile that's all.. well smirk !!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back