Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

We didn't own an iPad

Excellent Tony, this old git enjoyed that!

Yep recognised all of that. Didn't see Pogles's Wood on there though.

Another old git here! We didn't even have teletext on our 14'' black and white tv!!

Saw my first IPAD in Bulgaria last year asked herself was it a small portable television, might as well post that here because i don't think there is a person i know in the face to face world that hasn't laughed at me for that one!!

Our first TV was a Pye 9" and only had BBC... I used to go to my mate's house to watch Fireball XL5 on ITV !

This iPad's got a bigger screen than that ! Ha ha!

Last edited:
The first ever program i remember watching was 'lost in space' way back on a what i think was 9'' 0r 10'' black and white at a neighbours house back in MASAKA western uganda.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
When I was a kid I remember going to a neighbour's house to see the first TV in our street, I remember it had a round screen. We got our first TV in 1953 for the queens coronation.

Last edited:
1953 was my birth year Chas! I remember as a kid "Watch with Mother" and I can't believe they screened "Captain Pugwash" for kids.

Characters like Seaman Stains and Roger the cabin boy, what was going on in those days then?

And of course Muffin the mule...

It was Tom the cabin boy. Roger was a complete myth. There was Master Bates though.

Chris

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/pugwash.asp
It was Tom the cabin boy. Roger was a complete myth. There was Master Bates though.

Chris

Well, I stand corrected! Not only by you Chris, but by the link above.

It won't let me copy paste, but apparently the writer Mr Ryan successfully defended himself in court against such allegations.

Characters had names such as Master Mate and Tom the cabin boy (as you rightly corrected me).

There was no Seaman Staines and no Master Bates.

So I too apologise to My Ryan for my I'll researched comments, no offence meant Sir!

Last edited:
Back