Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Weight on tow hitch?

Mark N

Hey folks,
Does anyone know what the max weight on the tow hitch would be on my kzj78. I'm not talking about max weight that can be pulled (towed) but max weight directly down on hitch. I realise that I would need a hitch of the correct rating (and suspension that won't leave the truck reaching for the sky etc) but what will the chassis area the hitch is mounted to take safely?
Looking at one of these hitch mounted motorbike racks that sit the bike across the back of the vehicle. Anyone do or has done this? what weight have they carried?

I have seen racks designed/rated to take 600lbs!!!

Search around but everything on here is only talking about towing.

Any advice/info appreciated,
Mark

i was surprised when i looked into the weight on another car i have which was 60 kg dont know how much it would be be on a kzj but it will not be much

Nose (trailer) weight is rarely allowed to be more than 75kgs, most cars state max 50kgs. In case it's any use to you, max towing weight for 5 door 70's is generally taken as 2800kgs but there's no official max for import 'cruisers, you could probably get away with towing 3.5t

This could vary by market. My (UK) 80 is rated at 140kg nose weight but in Australia it's 350kg even though the max towing weight is the same at 3500kg.

I'm Looking for a hitch receiver for a KZJ78, Could someone recommend one that would fit for this specific model or something else that would? Thanks.

Back