Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Welcome back

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
Why hello everyone. Welcome to the new platform for Land Cruiser Club.

If you're shocked by the change - where have you been? :) Big Upgrade

This is a whole new platform we're using now. For the most part - it is better than were we've come from. Like all changes though, there are some differences but we'll get around those.

If you're reading this because you cannot log in -
All your details should have come across. If you cannot log in, try doing a password reset. If that does not work then email me at admin@land cruiser bla bla.net)

Let's get teething problems out the way -
There will be some. Let's face it, these things never go as smooth as we would like. If you find a problem, let me know. Either by way of reply to this thread, PM or email me. (admin@land bla bla bla)

Why the change?
It's a new shiny world. The old platform was dated, lumpy and quite short on features. This is the new-fangled way. Loads of things we can do (Have you seen this on your phone? It's so much better)

Security
A while back I mentioned how I would be forcing everything onto SSL (SSWha? it's encrypted - like your bank stuff - better for you, better for me)

New features?
Tons. Some useful, some not so useful and some you won't even see.
My favorite are:
Drag 'n' drop image upload.
Responsive design (The site changes it's look to suit the device. Works equally well on a phone as a desktop)
Mentioning someone. Typing @Chas will pop up an alert on Chas' screen telling him I talking about him.
Better search functionality. Let's face it - the search on the old one was rubbish.
Photo albums! Images are so much better to view and browse. Just plain easy :)
Much more - can't think now though.

So, have a sniff around, wee in the corner, chew the table leg - let e know what you think.

As always, if you have a question, comment or suggestion, let me know. I have a long list of things to get through now that we're live and will add your ideas to it.

Lots to do :)

CP

I'll open everything up now - it looks like the process overnight was successful.

It will run slow for a few hours while the back-end processes cache everything. This should resolve itself soonish. However, let me know if you're experiencing anything really bad.

Attachments are all imported. If you spot anything awry then let me know. :)

I see some of the smilies have not converted - I will get these fixed.

Great Cris, relived to see it up and running, does it have a cubby?

Nice, but it's red, prefer pink

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks good so far Crispin. Be nice if it were a bit wider on the screen. But let's get stuck in and have a go. I like the sound of drag n drop photos

Looks good, much more refreshing and easy to navigate. My only problem right now is that I'm having to reply using my macbook as on iPad with safari there is no text box visible on the forms used to reply.

:)

Have you tried Firefox on your ipad? I know it's technically only an app using Safari, but it might be worth a try. I'm trying tappytalk and frankly I'm lost. Last time they upgraded it, it just stopped making any sense to me.

PMs are now called 'Conversations' right?

So who actually played the snake game.. I did but can't remember the score as it reset way to fast :cool:

Works here fine on Windoze 8.1 and Firefox 46

Now to poke around and see what happens....

Particularly interested in the loading speed of the threads that are heavy with uploaded (not linked) pictures - for example Ben's thread loads fine, others can be painful to the point I stopped visiting them.

Signature lines are a bit messed up. I've lost my images in there. Getting the hang of it so far though

One for the list, add the smilies back, very limited set at the moment

hi, the site looks and loads a lot faster! well done.

however, tapatalk seems to not like the new site very much, is that something which might get fixed ?

Much much faster here. I only have 1.6 mbs but works well.

I think the box I'm typing in needs a headline.

Hi everyone, I'm a very recent member, and only had a few days of the"old" format. It was very similar to that of the the Cruiser Club that I belong to in South Africa. Nice but dated

The new update version is great. Modern, cleaner, apparently with more features. Hey there may be a few gremlins hiding about, but I'm sure it will get sorted out rapidly.

Congratulations to Crispin the Admin for making this happen!

Martin

wow - very different
good work!! thanks

I normally use tapatalk to access the site - but the link via tapatalk is broken - do we need to do something to get it working again ?

Back