Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Well, im trying to run it in. 80 series

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
So. because we have a little one due soon and my 80 needs a full valet. I thought it would be easier to get one out of the garage thats clean and ready to go.

long story with this one. i Ended up getting offered it some time ago and it ended up on the drive.

60k petrol. last mot was in 2008.the previous owner was building it as an overland truck to his spec but this changed and he had to let it go.

Lincomb outing today with a test run with the babyseat in lol.

20180909_151531.jpg 20180909_151516.jpg

did the poo bag make it home?

i ended up putting it inside incase it fell off. its sat in the skip now.;)

Great for the speed cameras those strategically placed poo bags! Although they need a bit of weight in them to stop them flapping about.

Right colour, right fuel and low miles what more do you need :icon-biggrin: nice 80 mate.

How you getting on with the mpg and the urge to floor it lol

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Right colour, right fuel and low miles what more do you need :icon-biggrin: nice 80 mate.

How you getting on with the mpg and the urge to floor it lol

sounds beautiful mate with the stainless.
first run to lincomb to be honest. only been work in it the day before for a shake down.
ill be filling it back up this am to get a true mpg reading.
It wont get used much really so mpg can be balanced up against running bio in the derv truck

first run to lincomb to be honest. only been work in it the day before for a shake down.
It wont get used much really so mpg can be balanced up against running bio in the derv truck
I'm thinking if you , Shayne and Gary 820 got together I see a cruiser fan undertakers service on the horizon.

Nice mate! And LEZ compliant presumably? What's the latest on junior? Before, during or after Ao18? I guess that would make a hell of a conversation piece at one of the "bush" demos....

Nice mate! And LEZ compliant presumably? What's the latest on junior? Before, during or after Ao18? I guess that would make a hell of a conversation piece at one of the "bush" demos....
:laughing-rolling:
I’m not sure Holly would be too keen on that bless her…
“Towels and hot water anyone?” See 30 jetboils spark up in the night!!

I can't drive through any kind of tunnel without dropping a window and kicking the box down :auto-layrubber:
It'll have a bit more growl soon too lol.

My mpg has taken a bit of a kicking round town but the new tyres are heavier.

Getting common these black 80's :lol: they polish up well.

Kickdown when passing other cars with their window rolled down? :innocent:

Its all about the PWR button!

You cant beat the noise of them with a nice pipe.
i did the mpg properly yeaterday when i got to work just under 12. i carnt see as its going to be possible to get anything better than that for normal use on petrol alone.

its not happy from cold at the min. seems to not want to go unless its planted.

Ignition timing mod will help, revs a bit better and improves mpg a bit too.
Good quality fuel makes a difference, I use 98 octane most of the time.

Back