Well it has taken some getting

David

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
3F230E23-FA81-46B9-BC9D-1A0A84A714C4_1_201_a.jpeg
7B1523AA-D7D6-41FF-ACEA-B474FCE2E7CB.jpeg
View attachment 161974 After a few attempts I finally have got a V5 for my old BJ, I had all sorts of issues with the DVLA not believing the Australian Government on it's year of manufacture .
So to cut a long story short I believe someone suggested on here to try a Toyota owners club, so that is what I did.
Harvey at the Toyota Enthusiasts Club sorted all the paperwork for me including an age certificate I sent it to the DVLA with the other papers they need and 2 weeks late I got my V5
The cost was £15 to join the club and £15 for the paperwork, so in my view £30 very well spent
So now what to do with it I may sell it to fund the new 80 I have, but who knows 7B1523AA-D7D6-41FF-ACEA-B474FCE2E7CB.jpeg

Last edited:
If it were mine i couldn't let it go and i'd be very pissed off that its age is almost denied by the first date of registration being 2019 .

Its usable now though and thats what counts :thumbup:

If it were mine i couldn't let it go and i'd be very pissed off that its age is almost denied by the first date of registration being 2019 .

Its usable now though and thats what counts :thumbup:
They alway but 1st date of registration and not year of manufacture

Hi that is a good looking 40s you have I am in that club with Harvey the T.E.C. is a great club bin in it for years. R you getting it on the road :thumbup: from Tony.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi that is a good looking 40s you have I am in that club with Harvey the T.E.C. is a great club bin in it for years. R you getting it on the road :thumbup: from Tony.
Well it's all legal and in running order just need to put some plates on and she is good to go, saying that the heater is not up to much

Very jealous, get the heater working give it a rattle can pint job, it will be a good run around.

Congratulations David.
It has been a long road for you but good to see that another BJ will be on the road.
DVLA had the year wrong on mine and would not correct it regardless of the various forms of proof of manufacture date and when we re-registered in Spain they only wanted to use the DVLA info but the tax authorities, which is a different department over here, acknowledge the correct year of manufacture and give the exemption.

Re the heater is the switch on the bulkhead set to winter? They do stick and sometimes the cable moves but the switch doesn't.

Regards,

Rodger

Thats a good looking 40. Well done on getting registered. Enjoy.

Time for a drive out I think
20707749-CC75-41F3-899A-A60636A235C0.jpeg

Well I went of got the 1st drive around the village
Points to note it wanders about like an old car does, but tbh she goes pretty dam well and makes you smile
But she is very cold so on inspection I think something is missing that may just help the thing warm up a bit
0CCDB638-EAF6-4AE8-8EFC-26BB70BF8CAC.jpeg

They wander like crazy if the tyres are rubbish. I've just put new ones on ours and it's much improved.

Stat turned up and fitted ok, took an age to get the air out of the system . But still had a issue with the heater being cold the lever moves on the valve but the pipe is way colder on one side than the other. But that is a job for another day, but I did get to take her home for the 1st time and bugger it makes you smile
E0BBF752-39D4-4EAD-A77C-A0B84AB32A85.jpeg
EA7BAF0D-4354-4863-A9A2-AE0D99039EF2.jpeg
6003315A-7FDB-46A4-A390-4DC2E24DB483.jpeg

Heater sorted seems to be closed when it says open on the knob, thinking could be the wrong valve as it does not look like the one in the parts book. TBH I don't care to much at least now it's warm ish

Back