Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Well priced 80!

I like that shame I have no spare room

'Tiss' Well priced Andy..The first in a long while that has the Price about Right.... Does it have an ebay listing Andy?

'Tiss' Well priced Andy..The first in a long while that has the Price about Right.... Does it have an ebay listing Andy?

No Higgy, I think he was trying it around without having to pay Ebay fees. Had quite a bit of interest TBH and someone on their way to view. Spoke to him this morning and he said it drove like a dream but he prefers his manual one.

Have you got a link?
There’s a guy on Facebook at the mo who lost his arm in a motorbike accident who is looking for an auto to overland to Mongolia, this might do the job

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Its even got a years MOT... Should have no trouble selling that one Andy.... MOT history shows the usual suspects but nothing Drastic...

I’ve sent a pm via Facebook with a link to the forum to the guy I discussed above so hopefully he will get in touch.

Hi Andy, the reason I didn't get back to you was there was a buyer there at 12.00 who took it. TBH i was offered this days ago for £3.5k but lack of space and funds meant I had to pass, thats why I put it to the forum.
This was a good solid truck and with stuff like this you have to act quick.

Well there was always an opportunity there, I thought about it but had to pass, too much on. Call it £250 to fetch it in time and diesel and a grand payday? TBF I think its becoming pricey at that but at the previous price to an enthusiast it would have been a good intro to 80 ownership. Like I said," fastest finger on the button".

Perhaps on account of it not being an Amazon...
Or perhaps because he didn’t flip it immediately
Maybe people looked and walked away

TBH I think the market for 80's is shrinking at the moment. Stuff we all consider good value ( cos we've got one) others consider to be a big thirsty old lump of a thing. The occasional mate of an owner might get interested but it, like most things out there are only moving slowly.

For some years now the 80 series has been the forte of the marques enthusiasts because, let’s face it, as a general day to day workhorse there are better more modern vehicles. Even the very best examples are old vehicles now and hence requiring ever more maintenance despite their reputation for build quality and longevity and that’s in addition to the rust issues. Add to this the ongoing climate change/pollution bollocks, anti diesel/petrol sentiment and maybe even Brexit uncertainties and you have the increasing lack of interest. JMO

I agree with Andy and Towpack.. A lot of 80s have been sat on ebay for a long time now, They vanish then turn up again a month later.. Normally the same seller that cant get rid. A lot of stuff is slow at the moment. Buying and selling, Iv noticed it down the Marina... I dont think People have the Money at the Moment..

Last edited:
It’s inevitable I suppose, the 80 is almost exclusively an enthusiasts truck, whether modified or stock, it needs pure passion to justify pouring any money into a 25 year old vehicle.

It’s a shame, because this will drive many a rescuable truck to the breaker’s yard.

Back