Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Well there's something I didn't know!!

Mmm, cream soda with a blob of ice cream........ I think the one that came round our way was a Bantam.

I remember hunting through bins and such down at the tip for corona bottles. Used to get a few pence each for them when returned to the shop. Mum thought we were out playing!

We got a good scam going as kids at the Waggon and Horses Sheldon, we’d climb the wall at the back, lob 1/2 dozen empties over the wall and cash them in at the offie (off-license).

That was enough for pie & chips at the Seagull Chippie, over the road.:lol:

We got a good scam going as kids at the Waggon and Horses Sheldon, we’d climb the wall at the back, lob 1/2 dozen empties over the wall and cash them in at the offie (off-license).

That was enough for pie & chips at the Seagull Chippie, over the road.:lol:
You weren’t alone doing that Clive. Not me :angelic-cyan: but I’ve heard of that a few times.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Corona was ace 10p back on returning the bottle and we could climb over the pubs back wall and get as many as we wanted before they worked out we were bringing back more than the only shop and pub in the village which sat at opposite sides of the road were both spending less on pop than they paid out in 10p's :lol:

The Bedford TK will always have a place in my heart as every place had one when i started grafting and they seemed indestructible even then , heaven knows some of the alcoholic drivers i knew certainly put them through their paces in a world that no longer exists .

Back