Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

went round to help try and fix a stricken landy today...

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
neighbours landy wont go in gear when engine running, so i went round to see if i could fix it,
clutch fluid reservoir was dry, so i topped up and tried to bleed it, but still didnt work,
so probably master or slave cylinder is buggered...

so that sticker on back of my colorado "Toyota Landcrusier - official recovery vehicle for landrover" rang true...

IMG-20111218-00204.jpg

They can be an absolute nightmare to bleed at the best of times so even if everything was OK you may have problems. The fact it's dry enough to need bleeding suggests a problem, probably the slave cylinder.

jack the front end up as high as you dare and try again ;)

Good possiblity that the clutch fork has worn through if you still cant get it bled :roll: usually diagnosis is it goes with the foot on the clutch and sudden loss of pedal

they have a crash box anyway so the clutch dont make that much difference anyhow :lol: :lol:

J66P, that's quite a late one, do you men they still haven't sorted the clutch fork breaking problem? The gearboxes on these are quite good TBH and certainly not a crash box.

the late ones have had it sorted they welded a bit of plate on the back of the ball, I think an 2002 will still have the issue

The R380 gearbox isnt good thats for sure. We used to change them about every 2 years for the guys that were working them hard, the main shaft spline used towear for fun and syncros were ade of chocolate

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:lol: I had these problems on my 18 year old td100 Disco, no wonder the British car industry is where it's at today, they're major faults that could be have been sorted with a 50p fix in most cases yet cost hundreds when they go wrong.

a grown man couldnt get in one 50 years ago and they still havent managed to sort that out yet so no chance on anything else

Back