Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

westway oils

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
Found these when looking for a yellow metal safe gl4. Seemed to be one of the few who clearly stated there product was yellow metal safe, rather than it hiding away.
I normally shy away from products that are too cheap to be true, but they certainly have a good range and get good feedback on there ebay shop.

https://www.westwayoils.co.uk/

That's where I get my drivetrain fluids from, prices are good and delivery is always quick.

Part of my stash of lube

20180305_203824.jpg

We all need a lube stash. Especially when getting on a bit......

Found these when looking for a yellow metal safe gl4. Seemed to be one of the few who clearly stated there product was yellow metal safe, rather than it hiding away.
I normally shy away from products that are too cheap to be true, but they certainly have a good range and get good feedback on there ebay shop.

https://www.westwayoils.co.uk/
How are you getting on with this brand

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
How are you getting on with this brand
Seems fine david. we use there hydraulic oil in the machinery and gear oil in the unimog.portals, diffs and gearbox. Ive not put any in the 80 as yet, i do use a high end fully synth in the gearbox which helped a lot with the shifting .

I rang these today about advice on a specific oil.

Something very strange happened...

The phone rang then someone picked it up.

I wasn't passed on to someone else after being put on hold for 7 minutes. Then put on hold again because I'd been put through to the cleaning lady..

The bloke actually new what he was talking about.

He was more than helpfull and willing to have a chat about oils in general, rather than be in a hurry to get off the phone, and back to talking shite on Facebook.

A refreshing change.

In one of the Car SOS programs, Tim Shaw took an oil sample from his 60’s Mustang to an oil lab for analysis. They didn’t say who’s lab it was but I just caught sight of a Millers Oils logo. Heard some similar good reports about their products and services and it looked like a pretty high tech setup they had.

GL4 by definition should be friendly to yellow metal.

The more slippery the oil is the poorer the gear change will be as the cones need friction to work. I had a fairly good change in my 80 when I could get "general purpose gear oil" but nobody makes it any more.

One used to be able to buy "slick 50" which was an additive to give you a quicker gear change. This must have increased friction in the oil.

Back