Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What does everyone think of Revive turbo cleaner?

Alrightchief

What does everyone think of Revive turbo cleaner? And if I was to use it where would be the best location to squirt it in?

Many thanks

I guess it’s personal choice but I wouldn’t be happy squirting anything through a turbo. Remove, strip and clean is the way to go IMO even though it is a lot more effort.

I guess it’s personal choice but I wouldn’t be happy squirting anything through a turbo. Remove, strip and clean is the way to go IMO even though it is a lot more effort.
I know what you mean. But I have seen good results from other people .

Where would be the best location for delivery be then?

If I was using it, removing the lid of the air box and the filter, then spraying the stuff down the intake tube to the turbo is the way I’d do it. It will probably come with some guidance on usage anyways.

If it is what i think it is it will increase engine revs so use only a tiny squirt at a time or pistons will rattle like its raining nails on a tin roof , i use wynns egr cleaner which might be similar and it has been suggested on here it killed someones 4.2

Takes me maybe 10 minutes to empty a tin into the intake which is maybe why its never caused me any problems despite regular use .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Do you use it on your D4d engine Shayne? I was thinking of trying it to see if it might cure my Turbo 'woe's

I know what you mean. But I have seen good results from other people .

Where would be the best location for delivery be then?
I would spray it after the maf sensor but before the turbo . I would undo the rubber hose from the crankcase at the metal pipe that goes to the turbo and spray it in sperts .

If I was using it, removing the lid of the air box and the filter, then spraying the stuff down the intake tube to the turbo is the way I’d do it. It will probably come with some guidance on usage anyways.

I was thinking about that but unplugging the sensor. Thanks

If it is what i think it is it will increase engine revs so use only a tiny squirt at a time or pistons will rattle like its raining nails on a tin roof , i use wynns egr cleaner which might be similar and it has been suggested on here it killed someones 4.2

Takes me maybe 10 minutes to empty a tin into the intake which is maybe why its never caused me any problems despite regular use .

I know what you mean (solvent egr cleaner) but no this isn’t that, it’s water based with some form of agent in to dissolve/break down the carbon & oil

Is your turbo dirty?

Not particularly but after disabling the Egr iv been cleaning etc and wanted to use this revive product before I strip everything next year to do belts and clearances etc.

I would spray it after the maf sensor but before the turbo . I would undo the rubber hose from the crankcase at the metal pipe that goes to the turbo and spray it in sperts .

I was thinking about where after the maf
Thanks

I was thinking of trying it to see if it might cure my Turbo 'woe's

I've never used Revive, so can't comment on its effectiveness, but as it's water based it shouldn't cause over revving problems. If (big if) the problem is with sticking vanes making the actuator unable to move them, then it might be worth a try, seems to get favourable reviews. Application details are on their website:
https://reviveturbocleaner.com/index.php/how-to-use

I've never used Revive, so can't comment on its effectiveness, but as it's water based it shouldn't cause over revving problems. If (big if) the problem is with sticking vanes making the actuator unable to move them, then it might be worth a try, seems to get favourable reviews. Application details are on their website:
https://reviveturbocleaner.com/index.php/how-to-use

Yes that’s the stuff! Thanks

Do you use it on your D4d engine Shayne? I was thinking of trying it to see if it might cure my Turbo 'woe's

I do Higgy to my mind each squirt is just like adding a drop of petrol to your diesel which makes no odds unless you add too much - i dont think an engine would survive if you tried to dump a full tin in there in one go though , revs would go off the clock and timing would be history , it would just self destruct .

Wynn's EGR cleaner i'm talking about .

I do Higgy to my mind each squirt is just like adding a drop of petrol to your diesel which makes no odds unless you add too much - i dont think an engine would survive if you tried to dump a full tin in there in one go though , revs would go off the clock and timing would be history , it would just self destruct .

Wynn's EGR cleaner i'm talking about .
I don't know if its a myth, but I filled the tank with that expensive BPexcell diesel the other day £1.52 a litre (that made me knickers fit).. some folk swear by only using the good expensive stuff at the pump, some say its a load of Bollox ... personally I have no idea if its beneficial to you engine or not:thumbdown::thumbup:

Yeah i take the most expensive diesel if i'm doing a decent motorway run , i'm a firm believer that diesels are work engines that need to be thrashed sometimes so they cough out the crap , old school thinking for old school engines unlike the precision junk they produce nowadays .

I also chuck a bottle of this in the tank every 6 months or so because one bottle thrown in a seriously neglected and abused 20 odd year old ford transit tipper that had been ran on any old diesel found on farms and whatever biodiesel might be around made a huge difference to its under powered performance .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wynns-Fo...tment-500ml-Eng-System-Cleaning-/181583017334

Yeah i take the most expensive diesel if i'm doing a decent motorway run , i'm a firm believer that diesels are work engines that need to be thrashed sometimes so they cough out the crap , old school thinking for old school engines unlike the precision junk they produce nowadays .

I also chuck a bottle of this in the tank every 6 months or so because one bottle thrown in a seriously neglected and abused 20 odd year old ford transit tipper that had been ran on any old diesel found on farms and whatever biodiesel might be around made a huge difference to its under powered performance .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wynns-Fo...tment-500ml-Eng-System-Cleaning-/181583017334
Like your old school thinking.. Im the same:thumbup:

Exactly what part of the turbo is this stuff supposed to clean? There shouldn’t be any buildup of anything on the inlet side if decent air filters are used as the turbo is upstream of all the shite produced by the EGR system if it’s still connected. I just can’t see the carbon buildup on the exhaust side of the turbine being shifted be anything you can add to the fuel or intake system. A proper decoke is what’s needed there IMO.

Exactly what part of the turbo is this stuff supposed to clean? There shouldn’t be any buildup of anything on the inlet side if decent air filters are used as the turbo is upstream of all the shite produced by the EGR system if it’s still connected. I just can’t see the carbon buildup on the exhaust side of the turbine being shifted be anything you can add to the fuel or intake system. A proper decoke is what’s needed there IMO.
Im not sure either Towpack. Iv been on google looking at experts opinions on pros and cons of Turbo/EGR/ fuel additives/ cleaners. using expensive diesels etc etc and everyones opinion is different.some say its good some say its crap... I think if it makes the user, Me or You feel better psychologically about our Trucks. Then use it I guess. surely they wouldn't spend millions on research and development if it was crap. 'would they'

If you let your oil get dirty and crappy the crankcase breather is sucked in to inlet side of the Turbo and with condensation in the rocker box in cool temps especially on short stop/start trips it can gum up the inlet tract right through including the turbo , intercooler and map filter with a mayo like cream oil/water mix . which can harden on the turbo as it gets hot .

If you let your oil get dirty and crappy the crankcase breather is sucked in to inlet side of the Turbo and with condensation in the rocker box in cool temps especially on short stop/start trips it can gum up the inlet tract right through including the turbo , intercooler and map filter with a mayo like cream oil/water mix . which can harden on the turbo as it gets hot .

:thumbup:..

Given the price per litre of these products I prefer to spend my cash on a decent single malt.Of course this does nothing for my turbo but after a couple of glasses who cares? Seriously most of these products are IMO of dubious value & if the manufacturer had anything approaching verifiable scientific data it would be on the can in large , bold type .caveat emptor.

Back