what film are you watching tonight?

Shayne

Guru
Feb 2, 2013
South Wales UK
Anthropoid film 4+1

Good movie even if the former EU did win that scrap with a score of 5000 to 1 .

Last edited:

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
I am in uk
Oct 7, 2014
Bognor Regis UK
Garage
Saw The Green Book the other day in the cinema. Great film. Based on fact. Well worth seeing.

Just skipping through this thread I’ve missed viewing for a while.

A United Kingdom stood out. My 92yr old Mum was at the same school as Ruth Williams around the same time. It was a big scandal at the time and they were forbidden to talk about it. How things change. A great film.
Can’t praise Darkest Hour enough, Gary Oldman is superb and it is filmed in the actual Cabinet War Rooms under Whitehall. Saw it again the other night. Still didn’t want it to end. During every air raid when others were in their shelters, Churchill was up on the roof watching.
Seen all the Hunger games and Mockingjay films. About time for a revisit.

Now, don’t laugh, but Christopher Robin in my view is just great. If your childhood featured Winnie the Pooh and friends, this is pure joy. The characters are brilliantly brought to life. It’s also made me realise that the stories were really preparing kids for all the different kinds of personalities that can all be friends. I may be a silly old bear but I don’t care, I thoroughly enjoyed it and will again. Soon.

There, that’s my bit of catching up.

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Towpack

Supporter
I am in england
Oct 4, 2011
UK
Garage
Chernobyl, the new mini series on Sky Atlantic. What actually happened is scary enough, what almost happened hardly bares thinking about.

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in europe
Feb 24, 2010
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Garage
Just watched Free Solo. No it's not the sequel to the film about the killer whale, it was a young fella who free climbed El Capitan In Yosemite. 3200 ft of utter madness. No rope, nothing. Just straight up.

Afte about 1000ft he comes across a bunch of climbers in a Portaledge just waking up. Can you imagine. All strapped on and this geezer walks past in a shirt and shorts.

Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 21.26.13.jpg

Mojo

I am in hong_kong
Jan 29, 2015
UK,Portugal & Hong Kong
Downloaded and watched Last Breath..more of a mockumentary. About a sat diver in the North Sea who ends up being a human anchor for a Diving Vessel, before his umbilical parts company.

Howmanygoes

I am in england
Jan 14, 2019
Just watched Free Solo. No it's not the sequel to the film about the killer whale, it was a young fella who free climbed El Capitan In Yosemite. 3200 ft of utter madness. No rope, nothing. Just straight up.

Afte about 1000ft he comes across a bunch of climbers in a Portaledge just waking up. Can you imagine. All strapped on and this geezer walks past in a shirt and shorts.

View attachment 156384
You should watch the dawn wall, that was also great.

Reactions: goodoldboy

Josh Tagg

I am in uk
Apr 21, 2017
Not quite a film but based on some, the new lethal weapon which now features Stifler driving a very nice 60 series!

goodoldboy

Apr 30, 2010
Muscle shoals , the documentary about the famous recording studio & it's house band , name checked in Sweet home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Towpack

Supporter
I am in england
Oct 4, 2011
UK
Garage
Eye in the Sky. A fictional account of a modern, high tech, military anti terrorism operation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks