Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

what film are you watching tonight?

the dead 2.

a good old zombie film in india.

is there any such thing as a bad zombie film..?

Just watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy with Gary Oldman, not quite as good as the Alec Guinness version though.

delorean. back from the future.

always wondered about this story.
really interesting. bbc 2.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My 8 year old son has been talking with his mates at school and now is pestering me to see It and The Terminator

Classics but yeah... No.

Watched 'The Dig' (Netflix) over the last couple of nights, reliable Ralph Fiennes starring, he seldom gets involved in rubbish and he didn't here, does a very good impression of a Suffolk native accent.
A genuinely nice film, worth watching.

Will partake of another viewing of The Constant Gardner (Amazon Prime) while its available, one of Fiennes best efforts, but then LeCarre's stories if the dialogue follows the books closely enough are always a joy, we have the original BBC serials of Tinker Tailor and Smiley's People on DVD, i don't subject my long suffering wifey to them but usually have a weekend every year when i soak these brilliant tales up, the BBC used to make such wonderful programs, what the hell happened.

As Chas, the Gary Oldman version of Tinker Tailor gets rave reviews but to me whilst a good effort doesn't have the atmosphere of the Alec Guiness article, you can't cover a LeCarre book adequately in the short time of a single film.

Recently watched Songbird on prime not too sure if its speculation or prediction

Yes indeed, another enjoyable watch, recently saw Our Kind of Traitor too and not forgetting The Spy Who Came In From The Cold.
I've read most of LeCarre's books, you have to really concentrate on them, the dialogue between the characters is delightful.

2/3rds the way through The Constant Gardner now (leaves Amazon Video in a couple of weeks), must say there's some dust round here getting in ones eyes.

Last edited:
I've got Apex : the secret race across America lined up.The story of the NY to LA record in a car , know as the Cannonball run in the 70s.This film shows footage of Alex Roy & Dave Maher in their record breaking run .

Instant family i enjoyed starts out a bit daft (what they call comedy nowadays) but improves , a light hearted but inciteful look at fostering kids .

Trivia: If you squint hard enough 15 mins into the first epsiode of The Night Manager you will see me delivering the explosive dossier to Olivia Colman's character.

I just watched 'F/X-2' (standard B-Movie stuff) and then 'The Conversation' with Gene Hackman (and a very young Harrison Ford). A strange one that, I didn't really take to it but I can now tick it off the list. I suppose I should watch 'The French Connection' now !

Bob.

Now watching Next with a 60 series and Jessica Biel

Watched that last night. Not heard of it before. it's 2007 or thereabout. Jessica biel is Schwwwwwiiiiingggg! I had to Google image her.
Yes nice 60. Can't believe that shoved it off a cliff. Or did they ....

Reckon it was a ringer as noticed no engine or transmission doing its death roll but both were worth a crawl underneath

'Death Warrant' with Jean Claude Van-Damme . . . . Yes, well . . . Are US Prisons really like that ???

Bob.

Back