Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What have you or plan to put behind your Gullwings??

Yes I got a 4 drawer system in the back and the reason for the step. I just got the the boxes formed over the weekend for both sides. Now I need to decide how I want to make my kitchen and my recovery storage inside. Still need to decide what gas stove to get and where to put it. I haven't used the Gullwing frame, but will think of something.

031.JPG

Christ you've got some big woodworm in that drawer box Paul!!!

[emoji4]

All that trouble for a few kg, no 2kg to be exact, not worth the time.

Well trained woodworm then? Or a CNC router?

Personally i would use 1/2" best ply over mdf. Maybe go 3/4 where more strength is needed.

I'm beginning to think of a large unit extended upwards from my drawers without actually attaching it to the rear of the gullwings, they would just be for access and fitting my microwave in there, having the awning above and the fridge just to the right hand side and table with Colman stove on it would be very convenient for mealtimes. Shall have to think ont.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I was hoping to keep the storage behind the gullwings permanent and have the ability to remove the camping box. Using the rear seat belt to fix along with the grab handle above. Was also thinking about 12mm ply, used 18mm on the camping box but need to get the wood worm on it to reduce the weight.
Last thing is the rear guard uses up some of the space of the gullwing, so need to take that into account as well.
069654bdc290c67639cbb29b60fe4f93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love a CNC machine, used my trusty 1/4 " router, and it takes a bite of time.

For the kitchen I'm Thinking one of the two as below
kitchen.jpgkitchen1.jpg

Looks nice Paul, look forward to seeing the finished article. [emoji4]

I'm saving all these pictures and putting them in a 'Gullwings' folder for inspiration. Thanks guys. :thumbup:

Hmmm, looks like I'm not charging enough!! [emoji4]

Every day I look at them admiringly and sometimes open them just to look inside, thanks very much Rich for a lovely job. I've decided what will be behind my gullwings, I want a frame made with a shelf that will sit on top of my drawer system. My microwave will live in there with other culinary tools, but as I don't have a welder I will have to find someone to make it for me. Once I have the frame made I will fit MDF or ply to the shelf and sides'

Gullwing 1.jpg

Gullwing 2.jpg

Thanks Chas. I am so looking forward to seeing what people do with these it's a bit like seeing kids leave the nest and watching them develop in different ways. [emoji4]

Looking good there Paul. You have been busy. Like the foam block to hold the cups. Nice and neat. :)

Right, I've finally finished the installation of the 'pantry' behind the driver side gullwing, there will undoubtedly be modifications when use will dictate improvements.

The whole box is bolted in by just two bolts in the seat belt mounts so can easily and quickly be removed if necessary.

The outside has been covered in a grey carpeting material and the inside with a green baize.

The lower compartment has no cladding on the front edge you can’t see, it will be for food that doesn’t need the fridge.
The microwave is held down by a ratchet strap through the shelf it sits on which in turn is screwed to the frame.

Gullwing frame.jpg 2.5.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 6.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 13.jpg

Back