Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What is this

Tractionman

Country Flag
england
2006 lc3 o/side wheel arch there is a series of louvres to front area, more or less behind bumper. While inflating tyres I squinted in there and spotted a rectangular piece of metal on a bracket that was very rusty. I poked it with a screwdriver and a large piece fell off in bits, still leaving behind a solid piece that is flat on that side and very smooth. It seems as if the whole arrangement has a specific design with the louvres slanting upwards, to catch water off the tyre and sling it right inside to whatever it is I poked.
I couldn't see any wiring, could it be a sensor of some sort for icey conditions? This is o/side only, nothing on n/side. Thanks.

2006 lc3 o/side wheel arch there is a series of louvres to front area, more or less behind bumper. While inflating tyres I squinted in there and spotted a rectangular piece of metal on a bracket that was very rusty. I poked it with a screwdriver and a large piece fell off in bits, still leaving behind a solid piece that is flat on that side and very smooth. It seems as if the whole arrangement has a specific design with the louvres slanting upwards, to catch water off the tyre and sling it right inside to whatever it is I poked.
I couldn't see any wiring, could it be a sensor of some sort for icey conditions? This is o/side only, nothing on n/side. Thanks.
Its the air intake feed to the engine air filter box , air is fed through those louvres up the back of the inner wing then in to the air box through the inner wing . I think the steel plate behind the louvres is for the water and small stones etc to slash/hit against then drain/fall back down so mainly air carries on up the duct ,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back