Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Whats this plastic thing under carpet in the rear

SteveD

Hi All,

So I've just got my 2007 GXL 200 series. I am fitting it with some draws and trying to make the rear section as flat as possible; removing all the third row junk.
Came accorss this plastic 'thing' with wire going to it. it has >PA66-GF33< on it, however a search of that brings up nothing relavant. So anyone konw what it is for? Can it be removed or put to the side?

See photos....
Inked20190321_200319_LI.jpg

20190321_200243.jpg

Hi Steve and Welcome,

Put your model number into toyodiy or Amayama and look through the electronic parts catalogue. You should be able to find that part in the pictures and find a description.

My guess, and it is a guess as I don’t know 200s, is that it is an airbag system sensor. If this is the case, I wouldn’t relocate it or interfere with it in any way.

My second guess would be that it detects the third row of seats being in position for some reason, maybe a seat belt warning. Don’t know. If this is the case then moving it would probably not be an issue.

Not much help I know but have a look in the online info and report back.

I’ve just googled PA66-GF33 and got references to a tyre pressure monitoring sensor ???

No idea if that’s correct or not...

Three possibles then. We’re being really helpful on this one. :icon-rolleyes: :lol:

Electronic parts catalogue is the best route imo.

Just out of curiosity i put the code in e bay search.. And it comes back as many things, Mainly a Jaguar x Type 3.0 auto air flow sensor... Try it!:lol:

the code is for a type of plastic according to google

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It means polyamide (usualy nylon) 66% mixed with 33% glassfibre (for strength). ie its the type of plastic. Nothing to do with what it is.

Yeah that sounds correct; that number seems to relate to the plastic its made of.
I'll have a look at the sites StarCruiser, suggested and let you konw what i find

had a look at those sites. issue is, going 'electrical' category gives another 18 categories to pick from - so at that point would need to know what its for, in order to konw what to pick. Other thougths?

had a look at those sites. issue is, going 'electrical' category gives another 18 categories to pick from - so at that point would need to know what its for, in order to konw what to pick. Other thougths?
Try those suggested, I don’t know what categories you got. You may just have to look through them. Alternately there may be a ‘body’ section That has more info. Don’t know, seems different from my 25yr old 80. :shock::crazy:

Is there anything corresponding to the same position on the bottom of the third row seats that you removed to offer a clue?

It will be the proximity Transponder for your FOB. Moving may cause the locking/unlocking of your 200 to be inconsistent

It will be the proximity Transponder for your FOB. Moving may cause the locking/unlocking of your 200 to be inconsistent
This could easily be confirmed by unplugging it and trying the fob.
Or you could put a metal box over it or completely wrap it in tin foil and try.
It seems a very odd place to put a receiver, when you consider that anything carried in the boot could block the signal.

.....It seems a very odd place to put a receiver, when you consider that anything carried in the boot could block the signal.

I must admit, I was thinking along the same lines - why put the transponder in the boot? I would have expected it somewhere in the front of the cabin, for example on the driver's side of the transmission tunnel.....

Interesting to see the results if or when you unplug it.......

I've had a look on Toyo and not been able to find it. I thought initially it might be something to do with seatbelts. Most of these later Yotas have a sensor that detects occupants and locked seatbelts, showing up on the dash.

There are multiple transponders in the vehicle. Looks to be the wind just behind the rear wheel arch ,See image for locations
FOB.jpg

Certainly looks to be the one labelled ‘2’. I’m just wondering if it might be a microwave motion sensor for an alarm as these are often fitted centrally. Those labelled ‘1’ seem more likely to me to receive key signals being located on the door handles and that noted as 3 being for the boot only. All would be connected to the entry system and most probably to some sort of alarm too unless of course it is to detect the keys of anyone seated in the vehicle on any seat including the third row, which opens up a multitude of possibilities for back seat drivers. :) Interestingly there’s no transponder shown at the steering column, so guessing these all work together.

I’m not convinced moving it won’t cause any issues, so although my tests mentioned earlier may have little effect on the fob, due to the other receivers, they may help in finding what will happen if it’s moved. In other words, try moving it to where you want to put it and see what happens, even over a week or more just to be sure.

As you can see, you’re kind of trail blazing this one with gasmanjc.

Last edited:
Have you tried just phoning a Toyota dealer.. If there is something im not sure about and the forum cant help i just give Toyota a call.. You'd be surprised even the girl answering the phone might know...

Back