Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel and tyre choice for the LJ70..

Simon_LJ70

Garage
Am replacing the springs on mine with the Iron Man springs to match the shocks I did last year. With the extra space from the lift I want to fill it with some 33's on 16's to replace the current 31's on 15's (General Grabber AT2).

I dont have any wheel arch flares on mine so need them to fit without rubbing and stay legal, any suggestions for wheel and tyre combos and any good suppliers? They need to be an AT tyre for road and mud as its still a daily drive as well.

Also got the ironman kit to fit, at the mo I dont have anywhere to do it - driveway is a building site and garage isnt built yet!

I bought 31" AT2's in advance of the kit, now wondering if they will look a bit small once the kit is fitted - think the 2.4 may struggle with 33's though. be interested to see how your 31's look when the new springs are on.

Hows your new engine going?

Pete

I've got 33's on my 78 ....it does struggle a tad up hill but it is a LWB

I've just fitted 285/75-16 on 8"x16" steels with 32mm neg.offset. With 1" spacers, they nicely fill the space available and are just legal with regards to the standard wheel arch trims. They reduce the performance with the 3 litre engine so I imagine that 35's with a 2.4 engine will be seriously lethargic. Also getting a suitable tyre within the arches without the benefit of the trims will be difficult. IMO you will be touching at a lot of points.

Roger

I've got 33's on my KZJ on LJ rims they only stick out of the arches a little bit, I am hunting for some 3 door discovery rubber spats to extend the arches a smidge

As for Tyres newer mud patterns are ok on a daily drive stuff like BFG kumho KL71 and copper STTs all get good reviews from people

Hey Pete, will post pics with the 31's on when I get it back, hopefully in a weeks time, with the new engine in too!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Rodger, Red, Mike 33's sound like a good fit then, just need to look for an offset to fit the job. Any recommendations for a supplier for the steels?

Get Paul to fit you out with new rubbers while he has the truck Si!!!

Back