Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel dolly

flint

Supporter
Just wondering if anyone has tried one of these ? COSTWAY 1500lbs Wheel Skate Dolly with 4 Swivel Castors, Foot Pedal, Carry Handle, Vehicle Positioning Jack Tyre Lift Trolley for Car Van Caravan Workshop Garage (Blue): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]
51ZEWtcWWIL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

We used similar trolleys in our workshop back in the 80s and they were great for moving vehicles from the dirty area - prep area - spray booth - finishing area but unless you are moving vehicles between different designated areas.... We made the ones we used and for use in a small workshop they are, IMO, expensive for the actual usefulness they have.
Problems that I remember with them were: any pressure applied to the vehicle - sides, front or rear and the whole thing moved so they had to be blocked. Also unless the workshop floor is very smooth the castors do not last long.
In fairness this was a long time ago and no doubt product quality has moved on.

Regards,

Rodger

Not used that particular make and model, but as Rodger says, the floor has to level and smooth for them to work efficiently, and without locks on the wheels it will take at least two bodies to move your Land Cruiser should you wish to swing/pivot the car on one of the cars wheels

Hmm, just had a look at the item on Amazon, not enough feedback/star ratings for my liking, and made in China.

The wheels look like plastic and look a bit on the small side to me, 680kg lifting capacity each I think is a bit boastful, judging from the pictures.

At the end of the day, it depends what your going to use them for, and you only get what you pay for, personaly, I wouldn't buy them for my 100.

Good thing is, they are from Amazon so returning should be a breeze if you don't like them, just check out who pays for return postage, also I would do a Google search to see what other companies are selling them for, and what other have to say about them.

It's difficult to judge properly until you have hands on any item.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clarke and Sealy both do wheel Dolly's from 60 Quid's upwards but if they break you can at least return them to where you bought them at the shop or local motor factors

Thanks very much for the replies. I wasn't really thinking of moving the whole vehicle, just for helping with getting the wheels on and off one at a time which hopefully wouldn't stress it too much. Still a young chicken, but nearly 70 years of wear and tear are beginning to show themselves at times.

Thanks very much for the replies. I wasn't really thinking of moving the whole vehicle, just for helping with getting the wheels on and off one at a time which hopefully wouldn't stress it too much. Still a young chicken, but nearly 70 years of wear and tear are beginning to show themselves at times.
Oh well, if it would be for just raising and lowering the wheel on and off the studs then it would be fine. :character-oldtimer: :thumbup: :character-oldtimer:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back