Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheels for KZJ90 - Help please

CAT

Country Flag
ireland
I'm trying to source some steel wheels for my 90
I like the look of these
http://www.accessoires4x4.ch/en/ste...-nissan-/170-soft-8-steel-wheel-6-x-1397.html
And even though the photo shows a 5 stud wheel there is a six stud.
I was hoping to get the 16x8 offset -25 but the guy selling them (who is from switzerland I think) has told me that he tried to fit them and they rubbed on the brake caliper. There is a bit of a lost in translation issue but I am sure that is what he is trying to say.
He has told me that the triangle steel wheels with a -22 offset are good though.
My question is, why would the -25 wheels rub off the calipers and the -22 traingle ones dont? I would imagine they would be pretty similar if they were both 16x8? Anyone any experience of them?
Would rather get the circular details wheels instead of the triangle ones but I'm not that fussed.
Just wanted to see what the forum gurus thought ;)
Cheers lads.

Jap wheels are different from say ford so despite being the same pcd , and size the inner rim won't be reduced to clear calipers . Like as not he has ford circular pattern and Nissan (jap) triangle pattern .

Search for Gojo steel wheel and you might find the modulars you want .

I bought mine from them, -25, but I am sure cheaper than that...I will dig out my invoice when I have a min...

Reference Product Quantity Unit price Total price
Items (tax incl.)
240,00 €
Shipping & handling (tax incl.) 50,00 €
Total 290,00 €
-- Jantes TRIANGULAR TOYOTA NISSAN MITSUBISHI 6 X 139.7 - Sélectionnez votre taille : 16 x 8 déport -25

6 40,00 € 240,00 €

so, triangular jobbies.........sorry

Yet again, cheers for the help lads, those GOJOs seem a bit pricey, think I'll just go for the triangular ones.

The wheels mentiond above are Aussie DYNAMIC rims & they come to Europe through
OUTBACK IMPORTS in France.
I was initially shopping for the same. As I do not have the wide body, I need narrower rims for my vehicle...& hence I will get genuine Toyo J6 for myself.

I can't do links on touchscreen without wanting to stamp on it but I just searched for 139.7 modular and got a fair number of results .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Whats the reason for the change, out of interest?

It's a question for CAT to answer I suppose but most with a 90 series swap just to make wheels come flush with the bodywork because it looks far better than the standard wheels which are either 16x6 or 16x7 and about an 18mm positive offset (I can't remember) tucking them further under the truck .

It's just really for aesthetic purposes more than anything, after fitting the fender flares the wheel do really need to be sorted out! lol

I'm running standard 90 alloys from a wide body on a narrow body with 235/85 general grabber AT. The tyres are virtually flush with the body, but sticking out a tiny bit

80 wheels look utterly boss on a 90 and have the right offset.

IMGP3048.JPG

Trying to narrow things down a bit. When I get modulars with a negative offset -25 or more does this mean that I can up the tyre width? I have 265 70 r 17's and I am really finding it difficult to judge what tyre to get. Could I get away with 275 70 r16's? Will offset tyres and a body lift do anything or should I go for the same tyre size as I have on already? Cheers lads.

Don't you have aftermarket flares fitted ?

Are they wider than standard ?

Give us a pic and maybe we can post the same for you to compare with .

Don't you have aftermarket flares fitted ?

Are they wider than standard ?

Give us a pic and maybe we can post the same for you to compare with .

Hopefully these give you an idea Shayne, I had the front jacked up Stripping front calipers) so more pressure was on the rear so it has more space above the tyre but I would imagine I should be more concerned with rubbing at either side of the mudguard.

In the last picture you can see how much I need to widen the tyre stance!
IMAG1116_zpslsbba2m4.jpg

IMAG1117_zpsbxquylgc.jpg

IMAG1118_zpseafdvhf3.jpg

IMAG1119_zpsvhchgffy.jpg

Right i'm ignoring the wheels (what are they from a 120 or Hilux ?) and just looking at the bodywork I'm erring towards a 16x10 wheel with a 285/75 tyre which is a combo i can't show you .

My truck has about a 4" lift and i'm running 16x10 ET-32 with 305/70 tyres and the mrs has , with a 2" suspension lift 16x8 ET-38 with 285/75 tyres .

Do you have a lift ?

I will get you some pics tomorrow .

Right i'm ignoring the wheels (what are they from a 120 or Hilux ?) and just looking at the bodywork I'm erring towards a 16x10 wheel with a 285/75 tyre which is a combo i can't show you .

My truck has about a 4" lift and i'm running 16x10 ET-32 with 305/70 tyres and the mrs has , with a 2" suspension lift 16x8 ET-38 with 285/75 tyres .

Do you have a lift ?

I will get you some pics tomorrow .

Yep, off a 120. I would Like to go with the 285/75 r16 tyre but I don't have a suspension lift, just the milners body lift. Could get away with it maybe?

Sounds like I will need modulars with a big negative offset then, I was looking at the -44 but then thought the -25 might do it. When I see your setup I might have a better idea. I was looking at these ones again.

http://www.accessoires4x4.ch/en/tri...-1397.html#/size-16_x_8_offset_25_black_color

Back