Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Where can I get..............

GrahamT

Hi all,

The radiator in my KZJ70 is knackered, and I cant find anyone which have a suitable aftermarket one that I can use. Can anyone point me in the right direction, last resort would be to go OEM because of the price no doubt?:)

Also, I plan to go abroad and I need to make the truck secure. I have thought about going deadlocks fitted to the doors but I dont really want to compromise the look of the truck, plus anyhow if someone wants something they'll just smash the window etc. I have also considered fitting an alarm/immobiliser, but again the strength of the truck is also it's weakness. As the KZT engine is not electronic, an immobiliser can be compromised fairly easily by spending a few minutes under the bonnet messing around with a few wires on the diesel pump. Has anyone had the same issues regarding security and how they overcome them?

Thanks

Graham

Hiluxonian seems to have a few 70 parts Graham

HERE

or Karl Webster may have something for you - his website is HERE

Failing that, have you tried Milners?

Cheers

Gav Peter said:
Hiluxonian seems to have a few 70 parts Graham

HERE

or Karl Webster may have something for you - his website is HERE

Failing that, have you tried Milners?

Cheers

Cheers for that Gav. No luck with Milners. Left a post on the forum topic you linked above - see what comes of it and also sent an email to Webster.

g

it wont stop people breaking in but to stop them driving it away you can fit a hidden toggle switch that disables the ignition.

i couldnt find anywhere selling KZJ70 rad's. :thumbdown:

in the end i was lucky enough to find Karl had one sitting in his shed. :clap:

i wonder if a 90 series rad would fit? it is after all the same engine, just with an ECU. :think:

as for security, this is something that worries me to, as like you i know how difficult it would be to start one. :?

im planning on buying a removable steering wheel boss, and then when im not in the vehicle, neither will the steering wheel be!

if i was out for the day some where, i could always lock it one of the metal drawers in the back.

ok if some one wants it badly enough, im sure it wont stop them, but im sure the steering wheel missing from the vehicle will put most off. :thumbup:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QUICK-RELEASE ... 2688wt_698

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Ben

The 90/95 rad is a different part number to the KZJ70, so it wouldnt be a straight swap - I reckon the various bolts will be in the wrong place.

KZJ70 is 16400-67020

KZJ90/95 is 16400-67130/40

Also....wouldnt touch a secondhand 90/95 rad thats been on an auto - they seem to be an increasing weak spot due to age.

Pete

....Surf Rads wont fit either just in case anyone is thinking along those lines:)

Will a LJ70 rad fit the KZJ70 as I have found one listed for LJ70 (for 3.0/4.2ltr engines without air con)?

surf rads will fit with a bit of work! ;)

i fitted a 4-runner rad in mine when i first did the engine conversion. ok it took a little bit of fettling to get it to fit, but it is doable. :)

LJ70 rad is totally different, due to the fact it doesnt have a rad cap on it. :)

I have a Thatcham system fitted to my LC. It incapacitates the ignition circuit to the starter and the injector pump. It also has sensors for body and air movement.

Roger

Ben said:
surf rads will fit with a bit of work! ;)

i fitted a 4-runner rad in mine when i first did the engine conversion. ok it took a little bit of fettling to get it to fit, but it is doable. :)

LJ70 rad is totally different, due to the fact it doesnt have a rad cap on it. :)

Cheers Ben - decided to go OEM - expensive but if you trade in the old broken radiator Toyota knock £50 off:)

One joker company wanted to charge me £350 to recondition it! :D

Roger Fairclough said:
I have a Thatcham system fitted to my LC. It incapacitates the ignition circuit to the starter and the injector pump. It also has sensors for body and air movement.

Roger

Thanks Roger - that's next on my list after I recarpet and replace headlining :thumbup:

i know this is too late ... but i had a 3.0 surf rad put in my 78

Back