Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Where Were 45 and 47 Troopies Manufactured and Sold?

cannedcruiser

Country Flag
canada
As the title says, I'm trying to nail down what countries around the world these Troopies were originally manufactured and originally sold. Anyone know of lists and sites identifying this?

Also interested in the same info for 75 and 78 Troopies.

Thanks.

As Snowbound says...plus...
HJ45 was produced from April 79 and the BJ45 from Aug 80 with the primary, but not exclusive, markets of Africa and Australia. From 77 there was an assembly plant for J4 in Kenya which may, or may not, have produced Troopies. The 45 and 47s staid in production through 85 and 86 and were replaced by 75 and 78s.
HJ47s with 2H engines were only exported to Australia from Japan.

Interesting that the page linked above does not appear to list Portugal.

Authentic and substantiated information of which models were produced where and then where they were marketed is hard to come by, so if you happen upon a good site for this information, please let us know.

I will, when time allows, continue to look but please remember that many American sites interpret the info only for the F & 2F engined vehicles whereas the rest of the world, including Canada, had diesels as well.

Regards,

Rodger

As Snowbound says...plus...
HJ45 was produced from April 79 and the BJ45 from Aug 80 with the primary, but not exclusive, markets of Africa and Australia. From 77 there was an assembly plant for J4 in Kenya which may, or may not, have produced Troopies. The 45 and 47s staid in production through 85 and 86 and were replaced by 75 and 78s.
HJ47s with 2H engines were only exported to Australia from Japan.

Interesting that the page linked above does not appear to list Portugal.

Authentic and substantiated information of which models were produced where and then where they were marketed is hard to come by, so if you happen upon a good site for this information, please let us know.

I will, when time allows, continue to look but please remember that many American sites interpret the info only for the F & 2F engined vehicles whereas the rest of the world, including Canada, had diesels as well.

Regards,

Rodger
Hi,if it helps,many HJ47 with the 2 H motor in pick up form were sold and assembled in South Africa,I remember my Dad buying a Stout and a HJ47 pick up in South Africa,they were sold by a Toyota Dealer.

Back