Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which air compressor??

Cossack said:
Wht are the physical dimensions please? just in case I'm tempted to get one :think:
Enormous :mrgreen: I'll go and have a measure for you Chas.

Bigger than a shoebox! I've got one too ;) truck isn't at my house but can measure on the weekend if Jon can't get to it

The compressor in its bag with curly pipe and other accessories is 340x220x230mm (LxWxH) and on its own it is 340x150x230mm (LxWxH). I'm sure when I do have to use it I will appreciate its performance but the rest of the time I'll be regretting hauling such a great big lump about. Keep in mind I will use it very rarely, if ever and that is why I am thinking I should have bought the smaller one.

Jon Wildsmith said:
Keep in mind I will use it very rarely, if ever and that is why I am thinking I should have bought the smaller one.
If you do ever get the smaller one Jon and you want to shift the bigger one give me a shout :p

Will do Chas, waiting to see if getting rid is just a knee jerk reaction ;)

:thumbup: I know what you mean, in the past I've got rid of things and later thought, I should have kept that :doh:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
i fitted/bolted my T-max compressor in boot, in front of fridge&slide on top of drawers as i had a space there - just the right size for the compressor - not being used - i dont have the 2nd row of seats in the vehicle when its setup in laning/expedition mode as now, so i can easily access it by opening rear passenger door behind driver, to pull out the pipe and operate the switch.

you can just see the "yellow" of it on this pic
[attachment=0:1av1kgg8]tmax.JPG[/attachment:1av1kgg8]

Attachments

• tmax.JPG
    tmax.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 217
I've got plenty of places and space to put it in, it just took me by surprise just how humongous it is :)

Can it be stripped down to the basics and fitted in the engine bay?

Cheers

there would be space if you took the engine out :lol: but nope, no space that big under the bonnet of a diesel 80. Down the side of the drawers is the most likely spot or the drawers themselves will be plenty big enough for it to go in just doesn't fit in very well with the less is more approach.

I got mine from http://www.island-4x4.co.uk/advanced_se ... x&x=24&y=9 , they delivered next day, only problem was that they sent me the smaller one labelled as the bigger one, exchanged it the following day so no problem, but as you say it's a lot bigger, and in hindsight for the amount of use it gets the smaller one would be better.

sae70 said:
It was probably on for 15min or more without any trouble. No blown seals, no hot wires and a week later when I blew the paddling pool up again to fix the holiday punctures, still working :mrgreen:
I had a read of the instructions :mrgreen: recommends no more than 40 mins running before giving it a 20 minute rest :shock: it'll pump a lot of air in 40 minutes!

Back