Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which insurance company?

Which insurance company do you use?

• Total voters
M+S for me. I found it difficult to get to get European breakdown cover on a 1995 LC. On renewal they said they could not do this breakdown cover due to the age of the car but when I told them they had covered European breakdown cover for 4 years they agreed. There's something in there for insurers about altering terms on renewal, some terms they can't alter. I found that with my professional indemnity insurance for sure.

Well I have just insured my new 80 with the NFU
and they were £170 cheaper than any comparison website for much better cover
Just saying

+1 for NFU, really easy to deal with and they don't charge interest on their monthly payment or any extra for policy mods.

I've been with them for 3 years and every time I call I get to speak to the same person which makes me feel less like a battery hen customer.

I have been with the same NFU office for over 30 years, and never had any issues

When i first took out insurance with NFU they were very reasonably priced, over the years they outpriced themselves, but it appears you lot are getting some cracking deals, and to be fair its been several years since i asked them for a quote, so after Christmas when it's my annual car insurance festival i'll requote with them.

When i first took out insurance with NFU they were very reasonably priced, over the years they outpriced themselves, but it appears you lot are getting some cracking deals, and to be fair its been several years since i asked them for a quote, so after Christmas when it's my annual car insurance festival i'll requote with them.[/QUOT
To me it is not about the price, it is all about how easy the claims are should you need to

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Think i'm paying about double the numbers mentioned so far but alas i live in a deprived area so logically everything costs more . Seems odd the kzj90 cost more to insure than the 80 i can only guess coz its newer - slightly ?

Regardless im happy enough with Flux because when i added uk/eu breakdown cover and listed every modification i could think of (fitted or not) the increase on my renewal wasn't more than 70 quid .

I called up NFU last week. Very helpful until they realised I lived in the sprawling metropolis that is Sheffield. That was the end of that.

I won't even bother telling you guys what it costs me for insurance on the two cruisers. Being just inside the M25 also means NFU and AFlux and a bunch of similar companies won't even quote me.

This new 80 was £450 fully com and business use

I called up NFU last week. Very helpful until they realised I lived in the sprawling metropolis that is Sheffield. That was the end of that.
You'll have to move up to the Posh end Jacob...(Is there one in Sheffield?)..:lol: I just got some quotes to re-insure the 120 lc5, Cheapest was O2 at £300, Fully comp plus Business insurance, The most expensive was £1415, And they said they would have to fit a black box....:think:

Last edited:
That’s the thing - this IS the posh end. Not necessarily our street but it’s about as leafy and safe as you’ll get in any city.

I really don’t get insurance. When I told Aviva that I wanted to change the Cruiser from >15,000 miles per year, on-street parking and business use to <5,000 miles per year, garage and purely SD&P they kindly offered to take fifty quid off the annual premium.

Has always and will always Baffle me!:wtf:

When it comes to claims handling NFU were superb, i'm averse to claiming though whenever possible, even down to paying for my own screens when needed, if you avoid the national advertisers and chains and go the for the chap the trade uses locally it's surprising just how cheap windscreens are.

Back