Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which OBD2 reader are you using?

SimonD

Country Flag
australia
My Mazda 3 just had the check engine light come on so I've been looking at the Autel AutoLink AL319 OBD2 Scanner which looks a versatile entry-level device. Does anybody rate it? While looking I found a lot of Bluetooth devices with apps - all look interesting but each with pitfalls. Which ones is everybody using. For iOS people recommend OBD Autodoctor but some suggest not all Bluetooth devices connect with it. Android users seem to have a lot of options including Torque. What are you using and how do you rate it? There's a lot of price difference in the Bluetooth transmitters.

My Mazda 3 just had the check engine light come on so I've been looking at the Autel AutoLink AL319 OBD2 Scanner which looks a versatile entry-level device. Does anybody rate it? While looking I found a lot of Bluetooth devices with apps - all look interesting but each with pitfalls. Which ones is everybody using. For iOS people recommend OBD Autodoctor but some suggest not all Bluetooth devices connect with it. Android users seem to have a lot of options including Torque. What are you using and how do you rate it? There's a lot of price difference in the Bluetooth transmitters.

I've got an ELM transmitter and use OBD2 Facile on an iPhone. I think the transmitter was about £15 and the app was about £10. You could have the free version of the app but it wouldn't clear codes only read them. Even the free app will let you real time record far more parameters than I know how to interpret, but I'm no mechanic.

Most diesel land cruisers don't have obd2, but M-obd, which is a toyota flavour of obd. Requires a different obd scanner/reader than most obd2 compatible scanners.

Most diesel land cruisers don't have obd2, but M-obd, which is a toyota flavour of obd. Requires a different obd scanner/reader than most obd2 compatible scanners.
That's why I posted in the Lounge :laughing: . I'm just interested in the tech.

A cheap unit from ebay and Torque on Android or Dash Command on Apple. Works fine.

Back