Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which welder...

stumog

Country Flag
england
So I have been looking for a new mig for ages but now I need to replace the 130amp one I have been struggling with.

Looking for a 180 to 200amp single phase inverter welder.
Any suggestions only used the kemppi which I can't stretch to right now.

Anyone used the paraweld or the sif?

Also should I get a acdc rig instead? I haven't done much tig so unshore. I have welded alot of Ali with mig which will be a big job of this welder once my project gets going.

Cheers

Re TIG and ally, remember that it's more than simply having that available on the set. You need different gas, wire, blah blah. I have a MIG attachment for ally and I've never had it out of the box. If you can get the gas and regs cheap then it's worth it I guess.

If you tig from my understand8ng you only need 1 bottle of gas....

I know for sure that it's different mig welding Ali. I would also want 2 sets of hose trigger as you have a Teflon liner for Ali.

I miss not being able to weld both materials anymore and alot of stuff I could make if I had both.

Imho, Use mig for the 'quick & dirty' welds and the tig where it has to be 'nice & shiny' and for ss and alu.
I have an old kemppi kempomat 160 mig welder which I use the most. The acdc tig welder is very nice for welding alu brackets. I just bought a pedal to have a better control while welding. Very happy with it even if it is a chinamade welder.

I used my mates Paraweld inverter a few weeks ago, but I could not get on with the soft start on the thing. Then I use a 350 amp 3 phase mig with not so soft start

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back