Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Nice work Flint. I got Devon to do my front diff when I put the ARB locker in there. They misquoted me £70 but still honoured it once they realised their mistake. 80 diffs are enough work for me, doing a clamshell isn't something that's on my 'must do' list for sure.

I need new tyres says she - well lets have a look says me

mOJO'S TRUCK 001.JPG

And guess who needs to go tyre shopping now :doh:

Not lc related but worth a pic, tank range of the Beemer....
received_10155426664752345.jpeg

Not bad for a 60L tank. Car does a lot of short trips too, it will do an easy 650 to 700 between refills so trip computer isn't far off.

Not lc related but worth a pic, tank range of the Beemer....
View attachment 124147

Not bad for a 60L tank. Car does a lot of short trips too, it will do an easy 650 to 700 between refills so trip computer isn't far off.
My old 325 says 238 miles when I fill it up ( does 2000 miles a year, 4 miles to work, 4 miles back) set it free on a motorway though and it will happily do 500 a tank. Amazing the difference.

This does the school run 2 miles each way twice a day, plus the trips to shops etc the missus does. Doesn't inspire you to thrash it either so prob why it returns good mpg

Better then the 335d I had which did about 280 miles to a tank, best we did was a trip to Cornwall last year, about 460 miles put out it!!
Going to Devon this summer so there and back on a tank I reckon.

80 has done less then 600 miles since December!!!

Gonna make a start on these lower control arm bushes! Will hopefully do a nice write up as I know it's apparently a pain of a job!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I made a hole :confusion-shrug:

Wishbone 001.JPG

Just plain old spannering and i may have spent more time on and needed a BFG for abs sensors and a/c pipe brackets :wtf: :icon-rolleyes:

I lost a centre cap somewhere a few months ago so bought a new one which was silver. Been giving it a coat every evening for the last few days. Quite chuffed with my first rattle can effort. No idea if the blacks will match when it's all clean but they should match when it's all dirty!
IMG_7521.JPG

Looking good there Nick. Whenever I take the caps off I make sure to push the clips out again with a screwdriver otherwise they get loose rattle or even fall off.

Well done there.

Replaced pistons in pax side front calliper, new brake pads both sides, now have spongy brake syndrome :( oh well, hydraulic bleeder from Sealey on its way :)

Got to find the silver lining, right?

Gary

Did you push the Pistons all the way in before doing a gravity bleed, before even touching brake pedal ?
Because I replaced pistons on my 95 once and when it came to bleed the brakes I pumped the foot pedal first.... and of course this left a load of air trapped behind the Pistons...

Yup had new pistons on one calliper so they were pushed in and I did the same on the drivers side to replace the pads... I suspect just not bled enough. The apply (SWMBO) decided she had better things to do.....

The pedal was up hard until I fired up the engine then went for a quick zip around the block :(. Then down to the floor ...

I'll get there :)

IMG_5158.JPG
IMG_5159.JPG

IMG_5157.JPG
IMG_5153.JPG
Finally got time to fit the snorkel today. Drilling the holes was a bit nerve wracking. Had to remove the washer bottle and battery but orherwise very straight forward.
Used gutter sealant on the elbow rather than silicone and gave all the holes 4 coats of paint.
At last an easy job with no cock ups or surprises.

Yup had new pistons on one calliper so they were pushed in and I did the same on the drivers side to replace the pads... I suspect just not bled enough. The apply (SWMBO) decided she had better things to do.....

The pedal was up hard until I fired up the engine then went for a quick zip around the block :(. Then down to the floor ...

I'll get there :)
How did you go with the brakes? I had the same issue with my Ford Falcon once. It turned out that the brake pads just needed to bed in. Was a bit a scary for a week. Never had that issue with any other pads though.

Finally got time to fit the snorkel today. Drilling the holes was a bit nerve wracking. Had to remove the washer bottle and battery but orherwise very straight forward.
Used gutter sealant on the elbow rather than silicone and gave all the holes 4 coats of paint.
At last an easy job with no cock ups or surprises.

Nice job on the snorkel. I didnt have the balls to do mine myself

I've swapped the wheels over today and had a play with the handbrake, it's still rubbish but did notice a couple of things. The little whirly gig adjuster in the nsr drum doesn't want to turn and both adjuster bolts on the back could probably do with replacing. It was a while before I figured out how to turn the bloody things. That little slot was full of crap.
Still waiting for my delivery...

I've swapped the wheels over today and had a play with the handbrake, it's still rubbish but did notice a couple of things. The little whirly gig adjuster in the nsr drum doesn't want to turn and both adjuster bolts on the back could probably do with replacing. It was a while before I figured out how to turn the bloody things. That little slot was full of crap.
Still waiting for my delivery...

I was looking forward to an HD video of you cussing and swearing, skinning the backs of your hands ... :lol:

Back