Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

It may be the power window relay in the drivers door rather than an ECU, at least it is on a 60.
Without it, the passenger and rear doors work fine by their own switches but the master switch panel wont do anything.
My relay is off a bj74 (24V) which fitted and worked perfectly. Mounting is low down in the bottom of the door so vulnerable if wading.
Anyway, could there be a break in a wire as it started playing up more and more - this can happen until the wire breaks completely.
Or as you said a dodgy or dirty connection.

Full service yesterday at 180K miles. 7000 miles since gbox and tbox rebuilds and for the first time the oil levels were spot on and didnt need topping up. Diffs fine too.
One thing that did happen though is managed to dent the new oil filter trying to tighten it with a strap thing. The dent popped back out when engine ran up though.
What is the best way to tighten these please guys and girls?
This engine needs them tight or the seal leaks. All other vehicles i have been able to hand tighten.

Wiring to the widows checked out ok. Had the drivers door master switch panel in bits and cleaned/adjusted the contacts and all is ok again. Took a few attempts getting the small rocking contacts tweaked correctly.
New master switch panel assemblies can be had on EBay got under £30, not OEM but I hate to think how much a new genuine item is. Might order one as a spare in case I get stuck at night in the p*****g rain with a window down.

Not today but last week. New front right brake caliper. All set to leave early to take the horse to the vets, get to the yard and am greeted with the smell of grinding metal. Caliper had completely seized, took 15 minutes to cool enough to even look at it, ordered and fitted replacement by the afternoon. Also fitted some bling, some nice Heko window wind deflectors.

A good weekend. Finally plumbed the air to the back bumper, all leak free :)
Stuck a fog light on the off side as mot time is coming fingers crossed it'll do
20180217_161318.jpg
As usual my soldering leaves much to be desired but it works.
Then today my buddy Rosy came round so I set him to work...
20180218_120506.jpg
And a couple of hours later
20180218_151244.jpg
All done. And we went to check it can still get in the work car park (height issues) and it does, wohoo!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Stuck a fog light on the off side as mot time is coming fingers crossed it'll do
View attachment 140687
View attachment 140688
View attachment 140689
All done. And we went to check it can still get in the work car park (height issues) and it does, wohoo!
Is rosy attached to the roof rack?

Oil and filter change on the 120.
Gave the EGR valve a blast with cleaner too, resulting in it showing the "VSC/TRC" "VSC/OFF" and Check Engine lights when running. As in order to clean the EGR i removed the intercooler, and the connectors attached to the intercooler and ran the engine. It had stored codes so had to remove them with my scanner.

View attachment 140687
View attachment 140688
View attachment 140689

Looks smart, what rack is it?

Rob

Hi all change the timing belt and tensioner and tighten the clips on the air filter box on the Colorado not a big job it has 240 on it :thumbup:.

Last time I was turning off the beach in 4x4 I could hear what I thought was the L/H birfield clicking, so today I removed it and it seems fine? I have been using the H/D AVM locking hubs that came with the Marks Adapters free wheeling kit that I installed a few years ago, could it have been these clicking? or perhaps it was the other side and the sound transferred? I am doing one side at a time so haven't got the R/H one out yet. I have ordered a set of Aisin hubs to go back on
2018-02-27 11.51.25.jpg
2018-02-27 11.53.04.jpg
2018-02-27 11.53.17.jpg

Back