Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Looks good Nick you could get a lot of pies in there. :lol:

Just broke my drill bit on a screw, off to b n q!

Today i've checked the hub bearing thingys after 500 miles, man that circlip is a total barsteward! Hopefullt done it right, the wheels didnt fall off when i took it for a spin.

Yesterday went to visit Trev n Ed at freedom 4x4. Wonderful service as expected. Returned with a shiny thing installed at the back. Woo!

IMG_5760 (2).JPG

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    738.3 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Nice one Mr. N :thumbup:

Was yours corroded away like my front locker, that Karl helped me to replace? The back one on mine has always worked, thank goodness.

It worked when i got the truck but since stopped. It didn't fall to bits on removal and is still in one piece, looks rusty.

Edit. looked like this

IMG_5761.JPG
IMG_5762.JPG

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Drove past Bicsester yesterday about 4 pm, but in a rush to get to me dad in hosp in worksop, othrwise would have called in for oil change and tea

Sent from my GT-I9060I using Tapatalk

Typical cowboys those two. I see they tipped your truck on its side to fit it. Sheesh.

Drove past Bicsester yesterday about 4 pm, but in a rush to get to me dad in hosp in worksop, othrwise would have called in for oil change and tea

Sent from my GT-I9060I using Tapatalk

You're always welcome if you've got the time.
Typical cowboys those two. I see they tipped your truck on its side to fit it. Sheesh.
Anything to make a job easier, saved getting a crick in my neck... [emoji14]

Nick as always, was a pleasure to see you. I'm glad it came off so well, we've had a lot worse!

Not really maintenance, but fitted a cheap 42" LED light bar with a waterproof junction box that fits nicely into the roof rack.
Need to wire in the power up the snorkel.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457563906.696426.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457563924.309761.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally replaced all the illumination bulbs in the central console for LEDs and whilst I was at it, replaced all switch bulbs (had to order those from Simon) - such as heated rear window/mirrors, aircon, antenna up/down, rear heater blower etc. Looks great at night now - especially since some of these bulbs have never worked since I bought the truck 12 years ago! :thumbup:

Chucked a bucket of water over it just for good measure too. :icon-wink:

Have you got a list of the bulb types and for what switch etc you fitted Chadr?

anyone replaced the colorado inside lights for brighter LED stuff? Mainly the middle and boot lighting, what bulbs are they, and recommendations?

Have you got a list of the bulb types and for what switch etc you fitted Chadr?

I got all the switch bulb codes off TOYODIY and mailed Simon - he then sorted me out. Surprisingly, they're not the same and they're not cheap either (even with discount) and averaged about £3.50 each - ended up just under £25! The illumination bulbs i.e. that sit behind the heater controls etc. are the normal sidelight T10/W5W variety and I replaced those for LED versions of same off eBay.

anyone replaced the colorado inside lights for brighter LED stuff? Mainly the middle and boot lighting, what bulbs are they, and recommendations?

Did that a few years ago and got all my LEDs from eBay - loads to choose from if you do a search. I got the LED "panels" which come with bulb adapters (the bulb sizes are different middle and rear btw) and they light up the interior really well. You can easily read a book using the interior lights. I have same fitted in the map reading light and they really light up the front of the cabin.

Like this : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-12V-24...634417?hash=item3ce7a8c231:g:pLMAAOSwGvhUCUS7

Last edited:
So, I bought my US spec petrol 4.5L 1996 80 series January last year, and since that time, I've been busy replacing everything consumable and degradable. The PO had basically refilled fuel and changed oil, but nothing else for 20 years.

The last month or so it developed a shudder, which would come and go.

Some friends suggested looking at the kick down cable (A343 auto), which I did, and it was basically hanging there, loose. It improved the shudder a little, but it didn't go away.

So, I decided just to order parts and throw them at the problem, starting with the plugs and wires. It ran great when I got it (I thought), so I was shocked to find this, when I started digging into it.

9203_10207852517145308_8789446688286546158_n.jpg12523862_10207853227243060_4138624490699594177_n.jpg12804627_10207852516905302_5325989926219023904_n.jpg

So, service life on plugs and wires on a Series 80 is what? 20 years?

I'm so ashamed. I was seriously getting angry at this rig for misbehaving and was thinking of just parting it out. I went ahead and put the best ignition components I could find into it.

1463592_10207852517265311_7895035794501507576_n.jpg

I was so happy, my wife and I went out and celebrated by climbing a mountain, and then going completely underwater with it.

74966_10207835961331423_4600843325397666106_n.jpg1377308_10207835960651406_5560896359510494986_n.jpg10931226_10207835959051366_7312563648169381497_n.jpg

The mud bog that ate my license plate, ate the 2012 Jeep Wrangler in front of me, utterly and completely. He had to be towed out of the water and then flat-bedded to a garage. Am now feeling smug and happy with Marjan.

The current series of Jeep engines have a vacuum valve/intake/whatsit hidden at the back of the block, low down where the owners can't see it and it sucks in water, mud, and possible other people's front number plates. It means a full engine rebuild and soon they will need to carry a warning that if the water touches the bottom of the wheel rims - don't go in it.
I was thinking of doing the same as Chadr - getting some more illumination on the dash and read his post 'heated rear window/mirrors, aircon, antenna up/down, rear heater blower' only then did I remember I haven't got any of them!!! So I am just going to change the four little bulbs that I do have that light the instruments.

Well not maintenance but got one of them pop up garages today just finished putting it up and fits Bertha (95 series)in nicely and doors open while inside and can still get round the motor,il put some pics up Tmoz when it's lighter,getting some lights for the inside this week not sure which ones yet so I can be in there till whatever time I need to be.

So, I bought my US spec petrol 4.5L 1996 80 series January last year, and since that time, I've been busy replacing everything consumable and degradable. The PO had basically refilled fuel and changed oil, but nothing else for 20 years.

The last month or so it developed a shudder, which would come and go.

Some friends suggested looking at the kick down cable (A343 auto), which I did, and it was basically hanging there, loose. It improved the shudder a little, but it didn't go away.

So, I decided just to order parts and throw them at the problem, starting with the plugs and wires. It ran great when I got it (I thought), so I was shocked to find this, when I started digging into it.

So, service life on plugs and wires on a Series 80 is what? 20 years?

I'm so ashamed. I was seriously getting angry at this rig for misbehaving and was thinking of just parting it out. I went ahead and put the best ignition components I could find into it.

I was so happy, my wife and I went out and celebrated by climbing a mountain, and then going completely underwater with it.

The mud bog that ate my license plate, ate the 2012 Jeep Wrangler in front of me, utterly and completely. He had to be towed out of the water and then flat-bedded to a garage. Am now feeling smug and happy with Marjan.

I take its running a bit smoother now, then Drew? :lol:

Out in motor today and I heard a nasty clunk,the top torsion bar had split off the rear axel so off to garage Tmoz to either get a new axel fitted or repaired which ever they recommend,but got the lights up in the garage today
image.jpegWithout lights
image.jpegAnd day light all in cost £250

Back