Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Why you only buy Denso O2 sensors

120mm

Country Flag
germany
The PO had just replaced both O2 sensors on my 1996 series 80, prior to my purchase.

What I've learned? Cheaping out, especially here, is an expensive lesson...

First, the PO had some butcher replace the upstream O2 sensor with a Chevrolet unit. This involved welding in a section of pipe with a screw in sensor. Once they'd installed it, they discovered that the GM sensor had two prongs and the Toyota receptacle requires four to function. Idiots....

After replacing that, I got nearly 2000 miles of use before it threw a sensor 2 code. I ordered the proper Denso unit and replaced this:

11186457_10205725426249365_2113582735_n.jpg

Looks to be some generic sensor that can either be screwed in or used with a flange. I estimate it worked for about 5000 miles, according to the PO.

Total cost to me to fix both is around $250.

Ive learnt the same.. for 99% of parts use denso or toyota.

What makes the 80 the vehicle it is is the sum of its parts. When people scrimp and put cheap chinese ebay and milners shit on, and then wonder why they dont perform as well and fail prematurely never ceases to amaze me...

One top tip - The nuts on these studs are allegedly 12mm, but I found that a 13/32" six point socket is a much better fit. I've rounded off nuts before on exhaust components, but that is one trick to avoiding that, provided you have access to inch tools.

We used to measure things in inches here in UK until some PRAT decided to retrain us all in metric, well most of the time. Some things are still measured imperially e.g. roads are still in miles, but not yards, it's metres. Brass bar is sold in imperial size but steal in metric. In markets you can buy stuff in pounds or kilos. WTF.

I was brought up in imperial but have never seen 32's on sockets. I have USA "war finish" cad plated "Herbrand Spanners" which increase in 32's.

Some things are still measured imperially e.g. roads are still in miles, but not yards, it's metres. Brass bar is sold in imperial size but steal in metric. In markets you can buy stuff in pounds or kilos. WTF.
I once went to buy some 2" x 1" wood, the man said "We don't do Imperial" I said "OK metric equivalent then" he said "How many feet do you want" No I'm not making that up. :eusa-naughty:

In USA one airline crash was caused by a mix up between pounds and kilos.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I once went to buy some 2" x 1" wood, the man said "We don't do Imperial" I said "OK metric equivalent then" he said "How many feet do you want" No I'm not making that up. :eusa-naughty:

Thats Classic Chas :lol:

We used to measure things in inches here in UK until some PRAT decided to retrain us all in metric, well most of the time. Some things are still measured imperially e.g. roads are still in miles, but not yards, it's metres. Brass bar is sold in imperial size but steal in metric. In markets you can buy stuff in pounds or kilos. WTF.

I was brought up in imperial but have never seen 32's on sockets. I have USA "war finish" cad plated "Herbrand Spanners" which increase in 32's.

My six point 32's are cheap Chinese crap, and work like nobody's business. I'm not impressed with the amount of "slop" in metric wrenches, even of the higher quality.

Back