Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Will it happen this time?

Joakim Forøysund

Country Flag
norway
Hi all! It’s great to come across such a vivid, active and welcoming forum, especially in a time when Facebook groups strangle almost every other forum out there. I’m happy to be on board!

For several years I have had a fantasy about owning a Land Cruiser, but it just never happened. And when I needed a new car the right Land Cruiser wasn’t there. Now I’m considering a specific ‘98 Land Cruiser 90 nearby. Maybe this time it will happen? The one I consider needs some work, but I believe it is an alright “specimen” that I can get around by myself.

So far I feel most welcome here, and my questions have been answered thoroughly in short time. Thank you guys for letting me in. I truly appreciate it.

Hi and welcome. You may have seen this elsewhere on the forum but it is essential to inspect underneath any vehicle you think you may wish to purchase for rust. Surface is acceptable, much more in significant amounts and places means walk away.

Edit: just seen your other thread. You’ve got the picture already. :)

Thanks StarCruiser! Yes, especially since I’m no welder. That’s something I’d learn, though

Good luck with your cruiser search if this one is it go for it you can't go past a cruiser no matter what the model, just do all the usual checks and be smart about it and you will have a grin from ear to ear, those Toyota adds work lol, Still Feeling It

Chris

Welcome aboard Joakim, from all the way up there with those wonderful fjords.

Must go and have a look at your other thread... :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Clive! Ah, yes. I believe i haven't earned bragging rights here just yet, but I have to admit I really, really appreciate the nature surrounding me here where I live in Vesterålen, with view to the Lofoten archipelago. (Hope this is not too off topic... But it IS a big part of my identity.) This is my home place; Melbu:
IMG_2792.JPG

Simply stunning.

We’ve got a project gone wrong in Norway, otherwise I’d be itching to go there.

Still, if I have to go, the scenery will make up for it.

Just wonderful, thanks for the picture post.:thumbup:

More pics to come. This one has not been used for the last couple of years. Some work is required, but I believe it is a decent one. Need to visit the "Statens Vegvesen" (DMV) to pick up temporary license plates. Then some quality time awaits before I can deliver it for mandatory roadworthiness testing. There should be no major issues, but I need to fix a diff leak and change some bushings. Also, I want to replace the radiator, the rear heater pipes and timing belt before I regret not doing so... And when that is checked out of the list it should get a thorough "broom job" :p

Back