Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

wing mirror glass

revs4x4

my 4 year old daughter's 'stone throwing' skills came in to play the other day, with the 70's nearside wing mirror glass coming worse off!!

Tried locally to source replacement, with no luck. Any ideas where i could get my hands on one?

Cheers,
Ceirion

Cheers Chas. Couldn't find one on his listings, so sent him a message. :thumbup:

just had a reply from the seller.......it's a nope! any other suggestions?

revs4x4 said:
just had a reply from the seller.......it's a nope! any other suggestions?

When I broke my 80 series mirror, I collected the broken bits together and drew around them, giving a template for the new glass.

Halfords do loads of replacement mirror glass, but not the 80, using the template, I bought the one that fitted best and stuck in on...
several days later, on a very hot day, I came home from work to find the new glass, on the floor smashed...glue pads let loose...
Anyhow, looking around at a different Halfords, I was asked if I needed any assistance.........yes please......little pimply yoof, then started looking for a mirror for me.....Then he says....."give us a template and I can get a glass cut to size" ........well why didn't you say so before......thank you very much. :dance:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Ceirion

I will probably have a complete mirror if you have no joy.

Thanks karl

Halfords wanted £26 for the glass only :o :o :o

Gonna try CES tomorrow.If thats no good, I'll give Karl a shout...

do the 1986 round light model 70's have the same wingmirrors as the '91 square light models??

got my new glass in the post today, thanks for everyones help. :thumbup:

Cei.

that 'tinternet site on fleabay. the glass isn't a perfect fit, but does the job (must be a slightly different casing on the pre '90 model as its a mill or two out in two corners...but stays in the casing!

Back