Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wiper linkage

Andy200

Country Flag
uk
I am after a part number for the wiper linkage on my 93 LC. I don't know if it comes as a complete linkage or you can just buy parts of it. Mine has broken the N/S aluminium casting that the spindle goes through so the wiper is all over the place. Better still if anybody has a second hand one that would be great.

Cheers Andy

Thanks mate it is the front and i will be giving Karl a ring tomorrow.

It's worth trying to repair the turret with the metal epoxy plasticine stuff. Worked a treat on mine. Milners also used to sell new genuine ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought mine from Milners, genuine article about £90 if I remember rightly. A good investment if you're going to keep the truck a while.

Bought mine from Milners, genuine article about £90 if I remember rightly. A good investment if you're going to keep the truck a while.

Indeed they are Andy - I did buy a replacement from them but they sent out the wrong one (it was for a Hilux) so after an hour of trying to fit it as they did look very similar I gave up and took the epoxy option ... and it has been fine ... so far.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well i bit the bullet and got my arse spanked and ordered one from Mr T. As for repair there was not much of the cast aluminium left to repair it had worn that much away.

I know mate but i only saw it last night and my back is against the wall as i need to get it sorted as my other car is going. Oh and it was just over £200:crazy::shock:

New wiper linkage on quite easy really just need to set them up as they are wiping down on to the scuttle panel but resting 4" up the windscreen.

Ahh that's not as bad then. At least you tried the other options first.

Yes it does ease the pain a bit. Any ways on and set up now so happy.

Hi Andy, a good starting point for wiper timing is to aim the motor crank towards the drivers side mirror as a starter, can be a bit trial n error to find the correct spline position.

Best to try the set-up without wiper arms on, if the crank is on wrong then as you switch on at the stalk you may see the spindles rotate the wrong way momentarily then go thro' what looks like a normal cycle then park as normal, you'll need to unbolt the crank and move round a couple of splines then try again. Good luck.

Thank you matey. I've managed to sort it now only had to take the motor arm off five times :icon-biggrin:.

Here's some fun on the wiper spindle syndrome, saw the new price and then wandered off into the garage in a daze and started to make a spindle from scratch!

002-51.jpg

Call me a tight git if you want..:icon-biggrin:

003-38.jpg

Made in steel obviously;

004-37.jpg

Lined and bored with new PTFE;

002-56.jpg

It's salt corrosion/rust on the steel spindle which wears away the factory liner, if the centre spindle was in stainless they'd last forever..

Hope ya like the pics..:wtf:

All sorted then Andy, good stuff and you must be pleased with the new super silent wiping (sorry if that reads a bit weird).. :icon-wink:

Yep all sorted now. Great work on the fabrication of the wiper parts,I had thought about making my own but just didn't have time as there is a few other jobs need to be done on her yet.

Holy thread resurrection Batman!!!

Passenger side wiper on our 80 series has starter moving about - looked at it today and it looks as though the alloy case has broken away (I seem to recall the previous owner mentioning having repaired one of the spindles with epoxy now I think about it). Anyway, before I go any further (a) is there anything complicated in pulling the scuttle panel - it looks like just a row of screws on the leading edge - does it just pull out from there? and (b) the spindle case looks pretty beaten up - I don't have welding/fabrication facilities here, so I presume I'll need to source another? I can't see there being enough alloy left on the case to enable another epoxy repair. Any thoughts/advice welcome! Thanks guys.

Back