Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wiring for tow bar

Ken Brenton

Country Flag
england
Some help could save me a lot of poking around.
Does anyone know if the 2001 Amazon VX has towbar wiring already in the loom or do you have to tee into the rear light wiring?
If it is already there where is the plug/socket located please?

Thanks
Ken

Its all there but the wiring kit from Toyota cost an arm and a leg. Its located about centre or slightly more towards the drivers side at the rear under where the spare wheel goes but againts the rear cross member.

Most take the wires into the rear throught the rubber grommet on either side that then allows you to tee off one of the rear light clusters.

Hope this helps

Hi Ken,

My 2001 HDJ 100 is fitted with a towbar from toyota. The first 10 years I had the 7 pole system. Last year I changed to 13 pole and discovered that the complete wiring loom was already there ...for all 13 poles that is. So check under your car before cutting your wires....IIRC it was positioned in the left side underneath!

Gr Lars

Thanks guys, when (if) the rain stops I will crawl underneath and have a look.

Well as Warren said the wiring is all there towards the drivers side up against the rear bumper, A 6 way plug with a dust cover. As I didn't have a Toyota male plug had to cut the wires and solder and heatshrink a connection to the tow socket. All working fine with minimum effort.

Thanks guys

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back