Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wooden steering wheel for Amazon wanted

CANEX

Country Flag
england
I don't suppose anyone has a spare one of these steering wheels lying about - or knows where to get one from at a reasonable price?
woodenwheel.jpg

woodenwheel2.jpg

Mine has gone all sticky & I fancy one of these - the same as they fit on the Lexus LX470.
I have a 2002 Landcruiser Amazon LC100

cheers
Chris

Hi Canex

How much would you want for your old one as im needing one?

Pm me if you want.

Thanks karl

karl webster said:
Hi Canex

How much would you want for your old one as im needing one?

Pm me if you want.

Thanks karl
I'll PM you if I can find a replacement Karl - but at the moment I can only find ones in America which were over £400 with delivery. I might end up with a cover :(
cheers
Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi
I'd also be interested in doing something similar with mine - its also gone sticky.... :(

Canex, let me know what your plan is or find something.

Cheers James

Thats exactly what I am looking for. Does it only come in black?

Ask the seller, I'll wish I had if it turns out he can do them in grey :roll: I'll try and remember to take a picture of mine tomorrow so you can see what they're like installed. The black isn't bad but grey in my case would be nicer.

Got a quick response from seller - Yes they can do it in grey for the same price, just include a note when you buy it.

James

If Jon gets a pic up i will defo be buying a couple if it looks ok. Im sure they do.

Karl

Yes, I like the fact that they sew on, unlike the ones I saw at Halfords which slip on and are very bulky.

It's still obviously a cover and not as nice as a good condition wheel but seems about the next best thing, handles nicely and I don't think about it unless we start talking about steering wheels :) The edges of the cover are already stitched and you thread through that stitching not the leather except at the start and end. The resulting pattern is neat and tidy and only the raised overlap on the spokes and colour give the game away really.
[attachment=0:3l0tstfe]IMG_2767.JPG[/attachment:3l0tstfe]

Attachments

• IMG_2767.JPG
    IMG_2767.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 116
Shame the part that goes around the spokes don't go up and tuck around the airbag :thumbdown:

Still, looks good and for that kind of money no issues for me for buying a few :thumbup:

Are they easy to fit Jon?

It's a big improvement on the stretched over cover that was on it when I got the car but ideally I'd get the wheel professionally refurbished. New wheels are crazy expensive even from far away places. I thought it was easy to fit Karl with the hardest part being deciding how close to the spokes to take the stitching before starting the other side. Pull it nice and tight so the two sides meet up in the middle, watch the videos the seller tells you about and it'll make sense.

I've looked at those thanks but they only cover the front & not the sticky back, and leave a ridge where they join on.

Hi Canex, hi All!
As a 1st poster newbie may I ask (after 11 months:)) ) what is sticking on the wheel, the wood (wood?) or the leather's back? Have you sorted out that issue since then? If yes, how?
Regards
Ati

Hi Canex, hi All!
As a 1st poster newbie may I ask (after 11 months:)) ) what is sticking on the wheel, the wood (wood?) or the leather's back? Have you sorted out that issue since then? If yes, how?
Regards
Ati
I'm still looking for a wheel & came across this old thread!
My wheel is all leather - that's what is sticky, the wooden one is what I am after. They now have some grey ones on Ebay but I'm after a black one!
cheers
Chris

I don't suppose anyone has a spare one of these steering wheels lying about - or knows where to get one from at a reasonable price?
View attachment 75025

View attachment 75026

Mine has gone all sticky & I fancy one of these - the same as they fit on the Lexus LX470.
I have a 2002 Landcruiser Amazon LC100

cheers
Chris

hi I have exact same one (as in your 1st picture CANNEX ) Toyota Land cruiser Leather and dark wood Steering Wheel Assembly includes a matching gear knob brand new in original box, from Toyota Genuine Parts Australia. Been sitting in storage for few years, never touched or installed.
Happy to accept AU$110 plus postage.
Message me guy if interested
Thanks

Back