Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

worlds most dangerous roads!

yes saw it last night

some sillyness when they lost control and got stuck in snow, and then took a while before they even tried difflocks...
and didnt even use winch when they could have done!

but enjoyed seeing the sights in russia, and the snow

I watched it, all bullshit, straight road, twitch of the steering wheel and their in the ditch, all for the cameras :thumbdown:

It was very entertaining, made a change to the Indian hill passes.

I was puzzled why they gave up on the old road, then drove 160km back to go on the new road?

What a place to live!

Pete

Looked to me like a lack of a CDL. Don't know if it has one or they simply didn't know how to use it. Wonder what the chase car was and who was in it. They had a winch that could have pulled them back on the road with no effort. Still, quite entertaining. I would love to have been in a convoy doing that with a bunch of folks.

A million dead, eh. That's one hell of a price.

Chris

Cossack said:
I watched it, all bullshit, straight road, twitch of the steering wheel and their in the ditch, all for the cameras :thumbdown:

Agree... all staged, the 2 of them made me cringe at times.
But obviously found the idea interesting

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I would like to nominate the N2 in Cape Town.

I would like to pin it down to the stretch from the airport into Cape Town.

There is nothing actually wrong with the road surface, well, not until the rocks, boulders, tree trunks, etc are put across the carriageways to stop the unsuspecting drivers of a possible armed hold up.

Gra.

the latest one is ok. theyve got a nice 80 series with rear barn doors at the start. :)

ive not seen many 80's or 100 series with rear barn doors. :think:

just a shame theyve got 2 very annoying women, trying to be funny for the whole of the program. :roll: :thumbdown:

still interesting though. :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... inh_Trail/

yes shame they didnt carry on with the 80-series

annoying women, one of them obsessed by boobs too!

thought they would wreck that ford, especially in the river crossing
and then got stupidly stuck on a muddy hill when they neednt have

after the river crossing that they wussed out of, it looked like they drove the next one very fast. :shock:

they were bouncing all over the place. :roll:

can you imagine having to spend anytime in the company of the women with dark hair? i think id end up killing her, very annoying. :angry-screaming: :violence-hammer:

annoying women aside, it looked like a great part of the world to travel and offroad
some amazing places
but not in dark!

:shh: you know watching those two women it struck me that quite possibly the best way to travel and experience a country or enjoy a trip is alone, by myself........
:lol:
Dont tell my swmbo or I may not make to the next adventure :violin:

and I think I would have been very tempted to try the crossing they avoided, looked fun.

Julian T said:
you know watching those two women it struck me that quite possibly the best way to travel and experience a country or enjoy a trip is alone, by myself.........
I don't think I could handle the both of them, . . . .but Sue Perkins, phwaor ;)

I'd have a go at that crossing too. :thumbup:

Next week is an 80 Yay! Been watching in Ben and the locations are fabulous, but the actual drivers and the 'adventure' is like a package holiday all arranged and staged. Shame, but then only people like us who get the vehicles and what they'll do etc will be critising. Those with no clue like yer Aunti Madge will think it's edge of the seat stuff.
Great when you have a crew along with you, all passes etc sorted and the BBC to call the Embassy for you. I would love to have done that Georgia trip. Madagascar looked like Cameroon in the rain! So why didn't anyone have a winch? Huh? What on of the top 3 things you'd have on a vehicle like that? Tyres, lockers and a winch.

Entertaining though.

Figure you'll be in the next season, battering your way across Oz.

Chris

i enjoyed the last two more than the 1st series. but couldnt figure out what the model nissan they drove in Georgia.
the "roads" in Madagascar looked pretty challengining, and some interesting bridges and ferrys

yes a lot of staged footage, backup crew (i wonder what they drove) but entertaining and nice places they visited

look forward to the 80-series next week

:thumbup:

Certainly hope so Chris. :dance:

Back