Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Would you touch this? 100 series

Certainly worth a look if rust issues are ok and everything works then great. Not sure if its a 5 speed for that year?

Certainly worth a look if rust issues are ok and everything works then great. Not sure if its a 5 speed for that year?
He says it is the 5 speed, must be bang on the change over. Mr Busteed puts it into perspective really when you look at the price of these in Oz..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-TOY...260622f6ce:g:UjYAAOSwxOVbwO-E:rk:5:pf:0.....I know these posts keep popping up but. apart from mileage.??????? would you... MOT history looks ok
I just got one myself and as long as it's not rusty I'd go for it. I absolutely love mine now. Servicing is key and it seems well looked after. Love my 80s for toughness, I'd never sell my 24v auto 80 or my 80 offroader but the 100 has become the everyday car now. Don't think you'd regret it.

I just got one myself and as long as it's not rusty I'd go for it. I absolutely love mine now. Servicing is key and it seems well looked after. Love my 80s for toughness, I'd never sell my 24v auto 80 or my 80 offroader but the 100 has become the everyday car now. Don't think you'd regret it.
its not 5 speed but I wouldn't worry too much at the price

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
its not 5 speed but I wouldn't worry too much at the price
It says in the opening description that its 5 speed.. Or cant it be at that age... maybe he just made a mistake

It IS a 4 speed. Wiggly gear stick slot indicates the 5 speed. He’s probably counted the changes as he accelerates. The 5th change being torque converter lockup. A mistake I used to make until I was told on here. :)

It’s the older style gear change like mine. 3 speed plus Overdrive and TC lockup.

It IS a 4 speed. Wiggly gear stick slot indicates the 5 speed. He’s probably counted the changes as he accelerates. The 5th change being torque converter lockup. A mistake I used to make until I was told on here. :)
Thanks for clearing that up mate.. so definitely 4 speed... Was there something also about weak front diff/axle .. 2 pin 4 pin on the early models... Who knows 'eh'..

Scuse ignorance but what is the TC lockup for...and benefits.( please don't say locks the TC):lol:

It stops the torque converter slipping as it does in normal operation and gives positive drive in order to save fuel and keeps the production of heat to a minimum. ( I think)

It stops the torque converter slipping as it does in normal operation and gives positive drive in order to save fuel and keeps the production of heat to a minimum. ( I think)
Thanks for clearing that up.:thumbup: And in some peoples minds, also known as 5th.

The seller emailed me saying its 100% definitely 5 speed..... So I just emailed him quoting Andys last post... Made me sound like I knew what I was on about... Thanks Andy:thumbup:

The seller emailed me saying its 100% definitely 5 speed..... So I just emailed him quoting Andys last post... Made me sound like I knew what I was on about... Thanks Andy:thumbup:
I might be asking why in that case it has a 4 speed gear selector?

The seller just said its an original fitted 5 speed box, AND it also confirms this on a HPi vehicle check... I can tell hes starting to get angry.... What ya think

Back