Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Would you touch this? 100 series

The seller just said its an original fitted 5 speed box, AND it also confirms this on a HPi vehicle check... I can tell hes starting to get angry.... What ya think

Forget him, thats the polite version. He would be better off inviting you to view.

It's a 100% 4 speed box. It has the straight selector.

The 2 pin diffs were dropped in the sreg first year

A photo of the trans/axle details on the VIN plate will confirm. I don’t know for sure but the 80 ones were A442F so if it says the same it’s a 4 speed. Maybe someone can confirm if the A442F continued into the hundees.

Gotta be worth a look as folks have said, rust is the killer and if it’s good underneath then the box is either for you or it isn’t. He’s probably sticking to his guns as he’s always thought it was a 5 speed. It’s a lot of car for the money if everything stacks up and it’s ok underneath.

It's a 100% 4 speed box. It has the straight selector.

The 2 pin diffs were dropped in the sreg first year
Hes finally come to terms that it is a 4 speed.. Im still interested. makes no odds does it, 4/5 speed.. Iv never owned or driven a 100 so im non the wiser... Thanks again for your knowledge chaps

Hes finally come to terms that it is a 4 speed.. Im still interested. makes no odds does it, 4/5 speed.. Iv never owned or driven a 100 so im non the wiser... Thanks again for your knowledge chaps

World of difference, with the 5 spd auto there were other upgrades. There is also a world of difference in the price too though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I know its been confirmed but it is definitely 4 speed as if you look at the picture of the engine bay you can see the auto dipstick on the 5 speed it does not have one

5 speed is late 2002-2003 onwards so I have heard plus around this time the turbo is more powerful being garret branded amongst other changes.

That's a lot of truck for £5k.

As said, if it's not rotten underneath, and drives well on a test run, it's hard to imagine how far wrong you could go.

Only severe rust, structural or flooding damage would make this a bad purchase.
4-speed is OK. The 1hd-fte with 5-sp auto is better tho', much more responsive and smooth. But nothing wrong with the rock solid 4-sp of the first 4 years' production.
4-pinion front diff started from August 1999 production, so I'm guessing that November reg would still be 2-pinion. (Or can you get it from factory to customer in 3 months ?)
It certainly came with the bad TC tho. But at this age and miles, it must have been changed. Probably on a recall if it was bought through a normal national t0y0ta dealer. The new TC came from June 5, 2001 production.
The dipstick is not necessarily an indication of 4-speed, although lack of stick means 5-speed. The first year of the 5-speed still had a dipstick.
Has the upper tailgate been changed? I had the impression that the first years had the washer nozzle to the left of the 3rd brake light, but don't know for sure. (My 2000 has it on left, 2004 prod on the right).
I see it's a 7-seater. And it has the RDL and CDL buttons. Looks good too. Seat wear looks normal for the age/miles, it has kept very well in fact.

PS:
The production month is the only important "age" for a cruiser. You can't know everything about changes and upgrades from year only, and even less from date of registration.

If it is not rusted underneath then it would be worth considering.
Major mechanical items should be fine even at that mileage, but with checking all electrical items are working as steering column motors and electric ariels are very expensive.
I use an exact same car as my daily drive/tow car no problem

Higgy the 2nd one in pilton is close to me and I would be happy to view for you.

Higgy the 2nd one in pilton is close to me and I would be happy to view for you.
That's very kind of you Stumog... Im trying to organise a view on the silver one for tomorrow...I need to get the 120 sold. so iv got the cash to barter.. Im sure the one near you is a member on here. Hope he doesn't mind me mentioning this.. But I like the fact its a bit scratched up. a work horse is what im after. But it does look well kept. Thanks anyways mate

Just tuned in to this thread very sure i have seen this one in the old tesco car park at shepton mallet now depending on yer age its in pilton the site of the original pilton pop festival or if yer corparate the glastonbury festival history lesson one oh one about 3 miles from me door step so you got another offer to havea look see ta steve

Just tuned in to this thread very sure i have seen this one in the old tesco car park at shepton mallet now depending on yer age its in pilton the site of the original pilton pop festival or if yer corparate the glastonbury festival history lesson one oh one about 3 miles from me door step so you got another offer to havea look see ta steve
Cheers Steve.. I finally got the bloke to answer his phone on the other one, So organising to view this week.. Il let 'ya' know.. Again Many thanks

If you are thinking of it check out the MOT history there is a discrepancy on the mileage !

If you are thinking of it check out the MOT history there is a discrepancy on the mileage !
The 3k less miles than last year , sounds to be a mistake on the reading on this years mot testers reading because the seller states its done 333000 miles . 10k more than mot .

Back