Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

WTF Covid.

So here we are, hopefully, with the end of widespread restrictions on the horizon...
60000 allowed into Wembley stadium for tonights England game.
Wimbledon has been running qt 50% capacity, around 13000, up to yesterday and can run at full capacity from now on.
WSB round at Donnigton Park on Sunday, open air venue set in 28 acres of grounds and crowd numbers pegged at 4000. WTF!

fingers crossed towpack. The vids I've seen say another two lockdowns to come. end july things locked up and getting worse. Hope your right .

I doubt we will see another lockdown in the UK this side of late Autumn, if at all. The vaccination programme has saved us from the surge of the Delta variant (30k+ new infections today and rising at around 40% a week) but hospitalisations and deaths are tracking much lower than at Christmas. However, I believe most of Europe (where the vaccination prgm hasnt been as efficient or taken up) will most likely have another wave in a few weeks time as the Delta variant is starting to take hold there now too.

For us (UK), I think crunch time will be when the usual Winter flu season picks up, as by then who knows what other variants might be on the scene.

Saved us Chad. many have very different views regarding the whole thing.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I appreciate that not everyone shares the same views - however the only explanation for the Delta variant in the UK not causing hospitalisations and deaths at the same rate as in other countries where it's surging, is vaccinations. As UK restrictions are lifted and measures eased, it will only get worse before getting better. However, even those who have caught it dispite being vaccinated, have had a much milder illness than they might have otherwise.

Unlike last year, this time we (UK) are tracking a few weeks ahead of mainland Europe with the Delta variant infections. If I was there, I wouldn't be looking forward to the next few months. :disappointed:

As always, time will tell.

For us (UK), I think crunch time will be when the usual Winter flu season picks up, as by then who knows what other variants might be on the scene.

That is the big worrying factor of this whole pandemic, the fact that virus's mutate and new variants are inevitable. On the plus side vaccines can also be tweaked to combat new strains, just as the flu vaccine is every year. Let's hope that the virologists can stay one step ahead of the game.

WSB round at Donnigton Park on Sunday, open air venue set in 28 acres of grounds and crowd numbers pegged at 4000. WTF!
Not a lot of it makes sense ....
All about trying to win over the public ...... Wendy ball supporters out number WSB voters 1000's to 1 ... and WSB isn't on message cause they still have good sounding engines that burn fossil fuels ;-)

Billions still unvaccinated so chances of a 'nasty' variant remains high.
Immune systems Frank. lots of people arnt prepared to be injected with an untested vaccine that has been push through as an an 'emergancy'

Cv 1.9 was declassified as a highly infectious diseases 2days after they locked us down !

Plenty of info out there for people who can use their own heads instead of watching the bbc.

Cv 1.9 was declassified as a highly infectious diseases 2days after they locked us down !
It was declassified as an HCID (High Consequence Infectious Disease) which is reserved for high fatality rate things like Ebola. Mortality rates with Covid are relatively low (about 2.6% so far in the UK at the moment), but because it's so infectious, the number of people who catch it and might die is still quite high.

62EEF7AD-3BD5-48DC-AE91-D2167043B3F5.jpeg

90% are so conditioned they wont spend the time to look any of it. Officials have been telling us all the way through the current situation what they have been doing yet people still just try and mock us as conspiracy idiots.

Back