Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wtf?

fbnss

Supporter
Country Flag
england
So I was just on Facebook while taking care of business and I did one of those silly quiz/ link things entitled "who is your sexiest friend on Facebook" and well...

image.png

Manly, does manly things. He's a catch! :lol:

Nick, you said that would be a secret between the two of us.

And that is a perfect example of why I am not on Facebook. That's terrifying.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Are you Nick-no-mates?

No offence chas but of the 270 people whom I never see I was wondering why it picked you :icon-biggrin:

These things are actually quite bad. By accepting the terms of the quiz you invariably handed over all your personal information, friends list etc to the company (Not facebook).
They then use this, along with other data, to market you. They'll sell it on to other companies who then use it for marketing etc.

We, the users, have become the commodity. And we don't mind because, well, we get stuff for free. :wft:

These things are actually quite bad. By accepting the terms of the quiz you invariably handed over all your personal information, friends list etc to the company (Not facebook).
They then use this, along with other data, to market you. They'll sell it on to other companies who then use it for marketing etc.

We, the users, have become the commodity. And we don't mind because, well, we get stuff for free. :wft:

Any of those quizzes I do, which is few, if they say we want your info then I don't go any further, those that don't ask, are they still able to access your info without asking you? if so I shall ignore them all in future.

Back